Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The techno streetfighter one looks pretty dope and the combo of italien stlye and kroean cheap might be a real temptation if it was available here in the states. On the other hand after looking at one of the Hyosung gt650s up close I figure there is little that the Italiens can do to fully mask the cheap that the bike radiates.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The cheap that this bike radiates comes from those ghastly plastic flaps trying to hide the radiator. But I am afraid these embarrassing gaffes are in fact deliberate. They will prevent anybody noticing the styling of the engine, a Slobodan industrial compressor rip-off.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmm...Perhaps MO will have to send out our intrepid roving Feature Editor Gabe to sniff out the truth.
That would be fantastic! Can't wait to hear whats up with this bike.

A few of the bikes look less than finished, like the plastic was an after thought...which obviously it was. The one with the spoked wheels looks great imho. I want it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: BLECHHHH !!!

And that is what is WRONG with the motorcycle 'scene' in the USA. The point is to RIDE, not gawk at the machinery or worry about what somebody might think of you on a bike that looks one way or another. I think the Benelli nakeds are the fugliest thing ever made.

they look a bit more industrial than the native SV. But motorcycles are SUPPOSED to be industrial. It's the whole idiotic "it's gotta look like jewelry" thing that's just plain silly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: BLECHHHH !!!

what is WRONG with the motorcycle 'scene' in the USA. The point is to RIDE, not gawk at the machinery or worry about what somebody might think
the whole idiotic "it's gotta look like jewelry" thing that's just plain silly.
Amen brother, preach the word. The truth might set them free!!!

Seriously you are dead on!!!!

The market continues to make more poser, jewelry, and parade rides, then discontinues simple riders bikes. Maybe the power standards did not come with enough chrome??? LOL The new biker wants more jewelry, at the expense of good function.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the one who shells the cash out to buy the thing, looks aside, these korean bikes are very good performers at a much lower price than their japanese, italian or german competitors. I remember reading a test by Sir Alan Cathcart on the 650GT, and he was very impressed by the way the bike performed, and aside for some softness in the front end, he felt it would be some serious competition for the Suzuki SV's.

So if it is as good as my SV, at a cheaper price, the japanese should be afraid, very afraid...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.