Motorcycle Forums banner
121 - 140 of 158 Posts

· Registered
5,019 Posts
"Anyways Finland was on the axis side"

Terrible thing to say about your country. The Soviets dragged you into it, and once you got your stolen territory back, you pulled back. That's not in the same league as "Axis power."

The Winter War was one of the most valiant feats of arms by a small country against a stronger one - right up there with Israel's battles against the massed Arab armies. You should be proud of that, and you should never speak badly of the unfortunate Continuation War.

· Registered
11,482 Posts
Re: Well duh..

(sound of horses neighing wildly)

· Registered
11,482 Posts
Well, them "History Major's" can't program for shyte, you know. Makes 'em Inferior Engineers.

Or somethin'..........

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Yeah, Buz, but you probably make ten times what I do and are one-tenth as dull.

But it sure is fun using it to bust up idiot-boy.

· Registered
5,019 Posts
BTW, here's a "fun fact" about the Winter War: the Finns had almost no anti-tank weapons, so they used to rush up to the Soviet tanks and pry their treads off with crowbars.

Do NOT f*** with Finns. They put up such a tough fight that Stalin left them alone after WWII (minus onerous "reparations" for their war crime of defending themselves from his invasion). They knew how to deal with a bully. Sorta like the Israelis, until they started listening to the Palestinian terrorist sympathizers in the West.

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: A history lesson.

Like I said go there and then decide...

· Registered
11,482 Posts
[No message]

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
My maternal grandparents came to the US after WWI. Unfortunately they would never talk about the old country so I don't know much about why they left.

I do know that the Finns used to boil Swedish missionaries from time to time. Probably a good thing.

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Rebuttal

Got any suggestions. Maybe MO can test a few.

· Registered
5,019 Posts

F*** you. You've never been to Iraq, and that doesn't keep you from opining.

Why don't you go to Sderot and dodge 20 rockets a day fired by your innocent waifs from Gaza. Oh, and next time you're hanging with your neanderthal Pally buddies, ask to see some of their textbooks. See what they're teaching their kids.

No wonder you love Carter. You've both got the same hard-on for murderers.

· Registered
5,019 Posts

Oh, and don't ever think you can give me a "history lesson", you ignoramus.

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Can they trade the crowbars for broomsticks and target women and children?

· Banned
3,775 Posts
What I experienced when I went there. Be open minded.

I don't approve of suicide missions but look at this way. There should be a nation state called Palestine right? Well the Israelis won't let it exist. What little sovereignty the Palestinians do have is under constant surveillance, check points, helicopter gunships on patrol etc. Any lasting peace has to have an independent Palestine nation state. When you are over there you see things very differently the Palestinians have rocks and suicide bombs against F-15s, F-16s and helicopter gunships. You can quote Sean Hannity all you want but a lasting peace won't happen until the Palestine issue is settle in a manner that the Palestinians feel is fair. There are lots of books written by folks who spent time living as a Palestinian.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.