Motorcycle Forums banner
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: A history lesson.

Actually is very apparent that you needed one.. Feel free to give one to me. I am not close minded. Sounds like you are?

· Registered
11,482 Posts
[No message]

· Registered
11,482 Posts
[No message]

· Registered
1,465 Posts
My home is about a half mile from interstate 68 in western Maryland, a major artery guiding bikers to DC. Every Friday of Memorial Day weekend, I look forward to hearing the thunder roll down the highway. It sets the mood for the entire next three days. Then, after spending the weekend sharing the road with the mass of bling-dripping, poorly-skilled riders, I'm more than ready to see Tuesday come. And, while I love the loud pipes on Friday and Saturday, by Monday I don't want to hear another drag pipe for another year.

But, this is Memorial Day, Harleys are American and it is right that we pause, bow our heads and thank those who are willing to put themselves in harms way for our government. If you agree with the cause or not, you must respect the sacrifices that have been made. I hope you took the opportunity to visit a Veterans' cemetery this weekend. And, I hope you had no friends or relatives to pay tribute to this year.

· Registered
540 Posts
Re: Classic

You increased the throttle to catch a Harley? What were you riding, one of those battery operated scooters?

Ahhhh, ya gotta love MO.

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
I had a professor in college who made the case (loudly and often) that:

1. The US govt allowed Japan to attack Pearl Harbor so that we could go to war with them.

2. The US dropped the nuclear bombs AFTER Japan had already surrendered so that "they could see what would happen."

· Registered
11,482 Posts
And that's just in the SUMMERTIME.........

;^D

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Re: What I experienced when I went there. Be open minded.

Look up the UN partition agreement from 1948. The Pallies could have had their state then, but they listened to their neighbors who said, "Leave, we'll drive out the Jews, and you can have their land." Instead, the Israelis kicked their asses (despite being massively out-manned and outgunned) and the Pallies sat their asses in refugee camps.

And I repeat - "Palestine" was worthless until the Jews made it fertile. Look it up.

And I don't watch Sean Hannity either. I READ, dipshyt. Try it sometime.

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Re: A history lesson.

You ARE close-minded, because I keep telling you the same things over and over and you choose to cover your ears and hum.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
I knew a Swedish guy who was married to a Finn. He said his wife's cigar smoking Grandmother used to talk about Swedes lacking 'Sisu' or something like that. He finally asked her what it was. Glared at him, puffing furiously on her cigar, then ground it out in her hand. Thank God there's only four million of them-all of whom show up for every damn car rally in the country.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.