Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Festivus is upon us, and I'm going to win the Florida Lottery any day now. So, you are invited to post your requests here for your Motorcycle Festivus gift requests. As soon as I get the money, I will send them along, hopefully in time to put under your "Festivus Pole!"

I want a Delphi cruise control, a cool anodized blue sprocket and gold chain (thank you, Snarli), and maybe a set of Staintune Pipes.

How about you?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's too freakin' hot!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas," my sweaty fanny!

It was 82 yesterday, and supposed to be that again today!

And, I'm banned from riding! 3 months and counting...
You'd think it was summer here in Boca. Hot, humid, occasional clouds. AND, there's a damn Tropical disturbance in the Carribean on it's way. WTF is going on?!?!?

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could be worse. At least you don't get met at the airport by hippies who call you babykiller and throw dogshyt on you. Not that they still wouldn't like to.
One of the things I learned along the way was that those of us who opposed the war in Vietnam didn't separate the soilders who were fighting it from the dumbass politicians who sent them there. That was a mistake. Hell, a big percentage of the soilders were draftees anyway, it wasn't their idea.

With Iraq, a lot of people, me included, think our military is doing a tremendous job dealing with a bad situation that the leadership put them in. I think you can support the troops and not the war, just like you can support your country, but not it's current government.

BTW: I don't say these things lightly. Three generations of my family are buried in Arlington National, from the Spanish-American War to WWII. My Dad served as well, although he wasn't career Army like others in my family.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
seruzawa;175065 I'd put the level of education of the average soldier against that of the average actor or TV host any day of the week. Fewer high school dropouts. I'd bet on the troopers' IQ's being higher too.[/QUOTE said:
And now for the most outrageous insult to the soilders: paying mercenaries from Blackwater et. al. ten times what the real soilders are making! WTF are we doing spending billions in tax money on mercenaries, and not giving our guys good health care (Walter Reed), the equipment they need, etc.? It makes me sick.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There were mercenary units in Vietnam and some had a base in Danang harbor. If one of our boats got too close to their base they would shoot warning shots at us so we stayed strictly away. IMHO the rumors about atrocities in Vietnam were stories of the actions of these unaccountable hired thugs the CIA and other rogue agencies used and continue to use.
An interesting point from someone who was there. At least in those days they had the pretense of hiding it and keeping it on a small scale. Now we have private companies building military bases in NC and CA, and buying tanks and other military hardware. Gee, I dunno, is that really a good idea?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.