Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There were mercenary units in Vietnam and some had a base in Danang harbor. If one of our boats got too close to their base they would shoot warning shots at us so we stayed strictly away. IMHO the rumors about atrocities in Vietnam were stories of the actions of these unaccountable hired thugs the CIA and other rogue agencies used and continue to use.
An interesting point from someone who was there. At least in those days they had the pretense of hiding it and keeping it on a small scale. Now we have private companies building military bases in NC and CA, and buying tanks and other military hardware. Gee, I dunno, is that really a good idea?

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
An interesting point from someone who was there. At least in those days they had the pretense of hiding it and keeping it on a small scale. Now we have private companies building military bases in NC and CA, and buying tanks and other military hardware. Gee, I dunno, is that really a good idea?
Gotta avoid posse comitatus somehow, dude! These "private" federal armies will serve the same function the SS did in Germany. No need to worry about warrants or any of that stuff that stands in the way of our brave new world.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Other things to feel good about:

Oh, well I feel much better now. A persistent evil is no more desirable than an occasional one. It may be an unalterable fact of life but I that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Waterboarding isn't torture either, ya know. Just think of how efficient our courts will be when they install drains in the police interrogation rooms. That'll put an end to all those criminals who mix the premix for their leaf blowers incorrectly. Mixing it incorrectly is a federal crime you know. Punishable by 5 years in prison. No I am not joking. Waterboarding will make it easier to get our laws enforced.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
What really worries me is that Blackwater was deployed domestically during Katrina.
Well, someone had to control "those" people, don't want them winding up in the wrong neighborhoods now do we...

Them and their thievin' kids and smelly cooking...

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Waterboarding isn't torture either, ya know. Just think of how efficient our courts will be when they install drains in the police interrogation rooms. That'll put an end to all those criminals who mix the premix for their leaf blowers incorrectly. Mixing it incorrectly is a federal crime you know. Punishable by 5 years in prison. No I am not joking. Waterboarding will make it easier to get our laws enforced.
Hell No it's not "Torture" - it's an absolute BLAST! Last time I was at the lake, we waterboarded for freakin' HOURS!

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Hell No it's not "Torture" - it's an absolute BLAST! Last time I was at the lake, we waterboarded for freakin' HOURS!
Oops - My Bad, I meant "Wakeboarding".

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.