Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
For $50~$60 grand I'll buy a couple of year old Range Rover and a Thunderbird Sport and ride to Olive Garden for a dose of Italian.

The "classic" GT Ducati's supposed to come out with next year would get my attention, the Desmosedici RR is just one more cool bike I don't have a hope in hell of owning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is that what I have to do? I submitted a question a week ago looking for folks' advice on some sport boots, and it still hasn't gotten posted. On Friday, after waiting for it to go up for about 5 days, I finally sent an e-mail to staff (using the E-Mail MO tool) politely asking why it hadn't been posted, and I haven't gotten any response about that either.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
60 grand is just the buy in price. It'll probably cost that much again for the required 1000 kilometer checkup. Anyone that has set the vavles on a desmodromic engine will certainly cringe at the thought of setting 16 of them. VWW

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
My guess is anyone who can afford 60 large for a motorcycle isn't going to care what maintenance costs and probably won't be taking advantage of Ducati's 3.99% financing either.

I'm not a likely owner but I'm happy for those who can afford something like this.

When I was a kid when I saw a Porsche or Ferarri, my dad would tell me to walk up to the person driving it and ask him what he did for a living. Maybe I'll ask that of the first Desmosedici RR owner I see.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sixty grand does sound like a lot of money, but think of all the bike you're getting. Then, think of all the Kustom Choppers people are buying for probably even more money. I think those over-stressed tractor motors need to be REPLACED every 1000km.

But I don't know anything about choppers. Maybe I'm wrong. But, I'd bet Kpaul's life that the Duc will handle and do just about anything better than a chopper.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I better call my attorney.. I know this will bring a divorce when I purchase it.. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't be a dyck. jus cuase your smarter then me and better looking and hold a steady job don't mean you should make fun of me at every oportunaty. Besides, can YOU roll away from a dead stop in sixth? --I can!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Sniff the Glove

[Insert segway here] So, Buzz, pretty please, would you post my submitted question about sportbike boots (submitted early last week)?

[This is as ass-kissy as I get. Anything more makes me think of the tossed-salad man.... ;) ]

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.