Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year's racing should be great, as long as Rossi can get the Yam to be decent enough to ride.

Remeber this guy took a 10sec penalty and still won the race.

I saw on Roadracing world, that Rossi's paying a bonus to his pit crew to move with him.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Mark me well: Honda Will Pay...

Hah! In case you don't know the best info about all this is at speedtv.com. Dennis Noyes posts the goods. I'd like to chat but am feverishly working on the top-secret V-7 Yamaha... whoops, did I say that?!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I was hoping that, somehow, he would have gone to Ducati. Really fire up those passionate Italians! I think next season may be VERY interesting. Go Colin, Nicky, Kenny and John! Also Troy, Max, Loris, Sete and of course Haga (whatever series he ends up in, yes I'm surprised he didn't get a Honda), good luck to all the riders. Has anyone heard who's getting Rossi's old ride? I hope there will be no serious injuries next year, Kato's loss is still hard to take.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Conventional wisdom (whatever that is) suggests that both Rossi and Yamaha are going to need one whale of an off-season development effort to get the M1 anywhere near podium condition. Next season is going to be a wicked good one with so many top riders on top machines, but I could see a potential for disappointment if Rossi is continually off the podium pace with an overmatched bike. But if anyone can make the magic happen with the Yam, it's Rossi. It's gonna be a nipple-erecting 2004 campaign ...

The initial news posting mentioned April 18th for South Africa ... does anyone know where / when the full schedule will be posted?

·
Registered
4 Posts
One important point that hasn't been mentioned by the press is that Rossi will most likely bring Jerry Burgess and the rest of the tech team with him.

Those how know who is Jerry Burgess will understand what that means...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Or was it because he had another year of experience on it than all but Ukawa? (remember what happened when Barros got on it late last year?) Or that next year all the Honda's will be the same spec with no full factory advantage? Rossi's good, maybe next year we'll (finally) get to see just how good. I think it would be hard to bet against Sete next year at this point.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: Mark me well: Honda Will Pay...

Burnsy, seeing how you almost got me killed at CA Speedway when you put the rear brake calipers on wrong on the Gixxer 1000, I can only pray that for Rossi's sake you get nowhere near his V-7!!!

Put the monkey wrench down and slowly back away from the vehicle you angry, bitter, little man!

·
Registered
104 Posts
For the past 2 season Rossi was the best rider, on the best bike, with the best team. Now that he is no longer on the best bike but with his crew chief from Honda, Jerry Burgess he might be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Faster

Sonmeone asked for a review of the movie. I would not call it a review, but here is my take:

It's not perfect, and $15 for an electronic projection on a 9 by 5 screen in a bare hall with folding chairs may look expensive, but don't miss it. 1 hour 40 minutes fast paced succession of interviews, comments, and race clips. Lots of spectacular crashes, some even more spectacular saves and passes, and a feel for what the GP circus must be like. What I did not care for: The sound track has a loud fast music background that makes it very hard to understand what is being said. Especially with these darn foreigners and their accents ;). There was too much emphasis on the Rossi/Biaggi rivalry, and the racing is too often reduced to crashing or not crashing. A lot is made of the riders' talent, and, imo, not enough of the work, training, mental preparation, and strategy they have to put into being that good. Production is a few notches above SpeedTV race coverage (duh), but not at movie level.

What I liked: It is fun, fast, and keeps the excitement up; you get to see a lot of really good race clips, some humor, some racers up close, and get a wide range of views, from Sheene to Hopkins.

I think it will help with the image of motorcycle racing, especially GP in the US.

Net: Well worth it. I would (will) see it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jerry Burgess (the man who helped Mick Doohan to 5 championships)
And Wayne Gardner too. That makes it 9 world championships under his belt.

has already signed with Yamaha.

As for the rest of the crew, some are following Rossi, but some are staying behind
Yup. Thats true.

So, it is not Rossi + M1 vs Honda, it is Rossi + Burgess + M1 vs Honda. That makes a lot of difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.