2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I'm a new rider and I'd like to get a jacket that is:
- leather
- has armor on the back
- a zip out lining
- some reflection without being too loud

It seems tough to find jackets that have it all.

Suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Look through some of the bigger dealerships in your area, and also at some of the sites on the 'Net, like Metricbikes.com, Chapparal, Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse, etc.

I like Joe Rocket products, myself.

Make sure you get a jacket that will allow you to wear additional layers underneath when riding in cold weather.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Brand wise: Cortech/Tour Master make jackets that are water proof, lined, convertible (things zip out) and durable. They make matching over-pants, as well.

I ride with Alpinestars and Joe Rocket gear most of the time for spring and fall and have a Tour Master rain suit.

I'm not a fan of "one thing fits all needs" outfitting. Never know your comfort level until you feel the weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've found few that have all of the features. Finding one that is reflective but still conservative enough for a symphony concert is rare. CE back armor isn't as common as shoulder and elbow. The Tour Master Magnum Air seemed like the ticket, but darned if when I ordered it, they're sold out and discontinued! It looks good for warm weather too with all of the vents. I haven't found anything that fits all of the criteria as well.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've been very happy with the Teknic Sprint convertible jacket for four season riding in Portland, OR. It's very waterproof, has some reflective material, has a zip out liner, has a zip out collar, and the outside zips off to leave you with an armored perforated jacket. It isn't leather though, I'm not a big fan of the pig skin 'cepting a track suit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.