Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
NASCAR vs F1

It was just a matter of time. I can see traction control along with braking software etc... making it into MotoGP and WSBK unless they regulate it out. Hey it's an fly by soon to be drive by wire world get used to it..:) Traditionalist will cry foul but do you want Nascar type rules where the cars and technology have been frozen in time or do you want Formula One where technology rules??? If you are traditionalist maybe a Sportster series can be formed...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: When you find yourself in danger...

Quick Fred...You prepair the supersauce while I slip into the supersuit...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe traction control doesn't make so much sense for the track but I'm not here to argue about that. What I say is that it's needed on the street.

For myself I'd love to have it when it gets wet out there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: This ain't MotoGP

Have we forgotten so soon Flammini's rationale for going to a single tire manufacturer and construction in this production based class?

Prototype racing seems a more appropriate place for secret traction control than WSBK.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Traction control? V-twins have always had superior traction when accelerating, particularly when the bike is still leaned over coming out of a curve. It's a characteristic granted them by the motorcycle gods when they were first created. V-twin powered motorcycles are also lightweight and simple to work on. Does everyone still believe in Santa Claus? Due to all the inherent advantages, I expect the RC51 will once again be the motorcycle of choice for most privateers in AMA Superstock this year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fewer Brains Please!!

I know that when I went from an old car with rear-wheel drive to a new car with front-wheel-drive, traction control, and ABS, I thought it was a step down. Driving my old bike in the rain may require a bit more concentration, but it also connects me to the machine in a way driving on dry pavement cannot. I can feel every squirm and sqigle of the rear tire, and every scoot of the front. So, in my opinion, traction control would be a step backward for the motorcycle industry. Who here wants that vague, disconnected feeling on a bike? I know I don't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.