Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hes a special freak....watched him on the tube forever ago, and the type of competitive goo he was born with will serve him well at 55, 65, 75...

at 84 he beats every neighbor at horseshoes..

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Was it Speed TV?

I saw a show on (I think) Speed TV about Jeff. They told how he was hanging around some dirt bike area when Bruce Brown was filming, and got in the movie. Then he went on to dominate motocross for many years. The show ended with his current racing, now in his "golden years." It was a great show; they had a lot of footage from the early days of motocross and interviews with other icons of the era.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: Was it Speed TV?

that was one of "The Motocross Files" series on Speed. This is the second season;they've had shows on Lackey,Pomeroy,Glover,Weiner,Tony D., Tripes,Glover,Smith,Hannah,etc etc. A great series and well worth staying up till 1030 for.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
.........Lawn Dart champion of the World........

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
We used to watch the B-1s do touch-and-goes at the Air Base up here. It's amazing how graceful such a big airplane can be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Watched Ward win the 125 class at Washougal in 1982. His small stature on that long-legged green Kawasaki reminded me of my friend Richard Steadman racing a Montesa 360 Capra back in the day.

Let's hear it for the old guys!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Re: Was it Speed TV?

Yeah I love to watch that show. I raced 250's and 500's back in the '70's and those guys were my heros. I even got lapped by Ron Pomeroy, Jims little brother on my YZ.......It was a rare honor.....(sniff)

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I watched a B-2 do a fly-by here at ************, could hardly hear it coming, looked like a durn martian flying saucer.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Way back when I use to see him at the 'Dunes riding his XR75 in the mini cycle class, usually he would smoke everyone.

Then Wardy would go over to the Shadow Glen and dice with all the full size bikes. He would smoke almost everyone there too.

Ahh, memories...where''d I put my catheder?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"Lawn Darts? Aren't those illegal?"

I dunno, but I still have a chipped-tooth due to one I caught in the face when I was ~9-years of age......

(yes, I'm probably one of the "statistics" that got 'em banned)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I have a friend (who is 20 years my senior) that says something similar. He adds "Hell, I don't even cheat fair!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.