Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Re: Capirossi Completes Jerez ''Triple Crown''

Not only did Capirossi/Ducati win, but if you read the story on SpeedTV.com, there is a great shot of Vale sitting on his butt in the middle of the track!

To Vale's credit he got back on his horse finished the race in 14th place.

·
Registered
424 Posts

This is off subject, but can anyone tell me what's preventing Duc from bringing this engine (GP6) over to AMA superbike?

Does it need to be in a production bike for that to happen? Or is it some other rule that preventing this from happening?

·
Registered
424 Posts

What ever happened to the pissing contest between those two anyway?

bigdx, since I know how big a fan of Japanese hardware you are. Here's something for ya to watch....;-) Enjoy....

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Superbikes have to be based on production models, with a number of allowed modifications (a lot). Ducati would have to have a production V-4 Superbike to homologate it for racing.

The interesting thing is that they're developing a very high-end road bike supposedly based closely on the V-4 GP bike for limited production. If they build enough for homologation, they'll be likely be able to run that in WSB and AMA if they choose. It'll just be very expensive to build their race program around a totally new bike, I imagine. I also suspect that to end the 999 (or its derivatives') major-series race program might hurt its sales. And they'll only sell a handful of $50,000+ Desmosedici (GP-based) road bikes.

But, they've also been lobbying WSB to increase the displacement limit of twins to 1200cc to keep the 999 competitive in the coming years. I doubt that would happen in the AMA, but you never know these days.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Since when is someone who goes from 13th, at the end of the first lap, to just missing the podium a back marker. It is always amusing when a flippant remark, while made in jest, misses the truth by such a wide margin.

Go to motogp.com, check the analysis page under race results. You can compare his lap times to Rossi. Since he was faster than Rossi for most of the race, I fail to see how that makes him a back marker???

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

"Since he was faster than Rossi for most of the race"

Here's why.

"Rossi recovering to finish a distant fourteenth despite twisted handlebars, footpegs and brake levers."

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

From the replay he nearly got hit in the head. Ferrari should buy out his contract before it's too late. Rossi usually starts about 6th on the grid where it's a total melee at the start.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Oh ya! Did you see the crew cheering for Pedrosa at the end? According to Cycle News Nicky's problem may be his skill at developing a bike. Not a good sign that he wanted to ride the 2005 version. Also let's hope for dry racing all season.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Here's my take on the race and season FWIW.

I think Rossi should be handicapped two footpegs every race.

Nicky's in sh!t trouble. Get some help with that bike!!! Pray for dry weather.

KRJr - Damn good showing with that Honda motor. Pray for rain.

Edwards - stay away from Rossi at the start or qualify higher!

Hopkins - hang in there and maybe you can get a better ride next year.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

no fair that Pedrosa guy weighs 110 pounds. If it was horse racing they would strap 50 pounds of lead to him. there needs to be some kind of handicapping in bike racing i'm thinking to compensate otherwise we will have to start breeding race of midgets to race.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
i think it was michael scott i read who made some sense.

Honda know they are screwed until Rossi vacates the class next year, no matter how good their bike is.

Next year is new rules, 800cc.

Ergo latin words, Honda are focussing on building 800cc winner and resigned to their fate for 2005.

On the other hand, 2-3 in first race probly is more than they could've hoped for... maybe it will be a fun season, first race was a good one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pedrosa might weight 110 lbs, but he wasn't fit enough to keep up with Capirossi. By his own admission he was tired by the end of the race. A lot of people believed him to be too weak to handle a full GP bike - he's of course disproved that - but his conditioning is something he will have to continue working on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.