Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
this is why dittoheads are so entertaining...

on one hand they'll crow about how LA has such bad air, on the other hand they'll instinctively attack any efforts to improve air quality

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's why you shouldn't go on TV with custom mods. There are millions of illegally emitting mods on vehicles in CA along, but if you're going to go "on screen" you better have your permits/approvals in order.

I'm sure Jesse took some drunk ass guy's word for it that you can emit foul, polluting gases from motorcycles without fear of the Californazi emission standards.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
So, EPA compliance can cost as much as $5425.00 per bike, huh? I don't think it's hitting Jesse in the jewels awfully bad. Mostly because he won't roll a bike that "he" creates for under $80K. They have the standard 'bike in a box" stuff for modest prices, but mostly it's high end, take no prisoner's dealing when you want a CFL bike. H3ll, they cost so much that most insurance companies refuse to insure them.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I assumed he was fined for polluting the airwaves with his show.

It'll be funny to see a $100K piece of garage art with an 80dba muffler on it I suppose. Loose's a little of the ego enhancment when your *****in' chop sounds like a Honda 90.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
L-Jack: "Jesse JAY-ames? - E's a Pecka'head!"

Doyle: ? (questioning look)

L-Jack: "You know ya' pecka'?"

Doyle: (nods head)

L-Jack: "That's 'im"

Doyle: (writing) "You mean he is Bald?"

L-Jack: "Nah, e's not Bald, - e's just Dumb"

·
Registered
47 Posts
He'll just move his shop to New Mexico, Arizona, or Las Vegas, like everyone else are doing. California Air Quality Laws have been running out Paint shops also. How many laws do you want? Like the German Rock Stars who purchased choppers in the States and can only ride them here because Air Quality Laws prevent them from taking them back to Germany.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You don't get it? BrowningBAR isn't a liberal. Therefore he is a dittohead...i.e. listens to Ruch Limbaugh every day and takes his orders from the Vast Right Wing Conspriacy

It's the usual liberal projection where they accuse others of their own crimes.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Perhaps you should read seruzawa's comment again? What colour is the sky in your world?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Turd-Burning Industry Threatens to Leave City

-Centerville (AP)

Jay Cacafrito gives the burning mixture in the drum a final, pensive stir with his worn 2-by-4 and gives it an appreciative sniff. He looks up at the thick brown plume rising up into the clear blue sky and says, "someday they'll wake up and we'll all be gone. And that's when they'll miss us."

Once a mecca for the feces-burning industry, Centerville now only has a handful of players in this once-vibrant and malodorous field. State, Federal and local regulations make it harder than ever to burn feces near populated areas, and businessmen like Cacafrito -- a 5th-generation turd-burner -- have left the area or turned to other enterprises like urine recycling or writing press releases for motorcycle manufacturers.

"The bottom line is, there's no reason to burn feces and it severely impacts air quality," said Nicole Hugenkis, regional director for the Centerville Air Quality Management Board. "There's a 6000% higher incidence of diseases like pink-eye, cholera and beriberi in a five-mile radius of turd-burning plants compared to the areas with no turd-burners nearby."

Since 1989, when regulations first started to be taken seriously by law-enforcement officials, 234 out of 237 turd-burning plants have shut down or moved the 30 miles to Bakersburg, where lax "free market" regulations allow any business to operate completely unregulated. Many citizens report being able to smell again and have even ventured to the outdoor cafes that have sprung up in the last decade. "It's nice to live somewhere that doesn't smell like $hit" said Diane Poup-Dupon, a 42-year-old mother of six .

"It's the end of a way of life for our family" said Cacafrito, adding a fresh load of turds to his burn-barrel and adding diesel fuel. "A lot of good turd-burners have left Centerville, never to return. What am I gonna do for the rest of my life? What am I gonna pass on to my children?"

He then licked some greasy soot from his lips and said, "we got a right to burn us some turds. And that's what I'm gonna do 'till there ain't no more turds."

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Turd-Burning Industry Threatens to Leave City

:)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Grey, this liberal is from Seattle. Always Grey. At least its consistent.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Turd-Burning Industry Threatens to Leave City

Thanks for that man, that's really something.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Help is on the way: the times are a changin..

Blue skies for the next week dude.. and the blue wave that started in November continues to spread across the country... Rush has started to lose stations and Fox ratings are down.. Protests today across the country. Bush approval ratings down lower than Nixon.. More bankruptcies than college graduates.. But blue is my favorite color and better times are ahead..
[*]Neocons are out and moderates are in.. [*]Boomers are out Y and Xs are in.. [*]Borrow and Spend is out Pay as you go is in. [*]SUVs are out Hybrids are in[*]Oil is out and biodiesel is in[*]Born agains are out and tolerance is in[*]War is out and peace is in

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.