Motorcycle Forums banner

John Burns, welcome to Motorcycle Online!

36K views 139 replies 113 participants last post by  MaxAlien 
#1 ·
What else is there to say, but "THANK GOD!"

Welcome to the web!

-James

#5 ·
welcome aboard Burns

I certainly hope to see a lot of your writing in the future. After reading one of your last bitter little man pieces, I couldn't help but feel that you were really holding back on what you really wanted to say. hopefully the new powers that be will be enlightened enough to give you the freedom to say what you want, the way you want it said. best of luck to you, and please STAY AS BITTER AS YOU WANT!!!!!

#6 ·
Just like Blackburd, I knew subscribing earlier this week would leave me pleased. Well, it's all worth it now. I mean, MO, you guys are great, but John is loved for his writing like "If that's your hangup, you probably should consult a proctologist or shrink. How much time you spending in there anyway, bud? Give somebody else a chance...." Great writing. I will glady take this over CYCLEWORLD's bland flavor and now Motorcyclist doesn't appeal to me anymore after this seperation. I believe you guys will get more subscripstions if you advertised to the losers that haven't signed up yet that you have John Burns. Hope you get what you need Burnsee. Now how about that Scooter scramble shootout?

#7 ·
Wow... I might have to subscribe - just to get

to see pictures of the Jagrolet, if nothing else...

Of course, I want more. Does this mean that

motorcycle reviews here will have a "Details,

details" section? Real world stuff?

It'd be kind of nice if bike reviews exposed

some of the day to day PITA factors involved

with a given bike...

How many ZR7 reviews mentioned that the

tank had to be partially unbolted to access

the battery, and that it's a real pain to do?

-- Michael

#8 ·
"It also explains why the content of MO has been a slightly watery soup in the past--not enough manpower. "

agreed, glad to hear someone from the other side say it. now all you need to do is hire a decent photographer or photo-editor... and get your news out quicker... or at least link to the people that do more frequently.

i spend plenty of time on the can... mostly because of the moto-magazines though, not ass problems. you guys need a favorite ride/road archive based on user submissions. people might get together... oh no!

#9 ·
Well John I just wanted to say welcome, and to let you know that us Buell riders won't hold your past against you (well actually some of the folks are still trying to tar and feather ya for past comments). Anyway good luck here and hopefully you won't be popped onto the mirror here anytime soon.

#11 ·
While I have no opinion of burns himself, his joining motorcycle online makes me very happy because it says that good things are happening for MO crew.

Obviously they see their financial future as secure and stable. A "name" from journalism has joined which brings respectability in the industry.

I think MO is doing well financially and its futre is looking better than at any other time. For that I am very glad.

#14 ·
You can always run a story off on the ol' printer and then head for the bathroom. If the article isn't up to snuff you can make your own "editorial comment" by using it to finish the job. With John Burns on board there's not much chance of that, however.

What do you mean what's wrong with me?!

#15 ·
Re: John Burns, welcome

You have just hired a snarky, opinionated and generally nasty SOB with a wicked sense of humor. You have also just guaranteed that I will renew my subscription to MO. Just think of all of the money I'll save by not subscribing to Motorcyclist again. Mitch Boehm is too fat to road test a motorcycle.

Welcome, you bitter little *******.

Vlad

A paxil-eating VFR pilot

#17 ·
I finish up with a (difficult) client, and head back to MO to see if Big News Item #2 is posted yet and much to my pleasure, Heeeeeere's Johnny! Thank you Brent, Brent, Calvin, and now John, for helping to brighten those spare moments in a stressful workday.

#19 ·
Tremendously happy to see you here! Please re-start a regular 'Bitter Little Man' column. Bitter Big Man to Bitter Little Man, I was very disappointed by its sudden disappearance from the print rag. Now I'll really have no reason to subscribe: first no Bitter Little Man column, then no Bitter Little Man himself.

Rock On, John!

danch

#20 ·
P.S. I can't wait to see the much anticipated GSXR1K vs. de-restricted Vino Scooter vs. new R1 vs. new VFR vs. V-Max vs. new FJR 1300 vs. V-Rod Super Dooper Pooper Scooper, 7-way Shootout to the death. Now that you have 3.5 Testers (sorry Calvin) the shootout should be ready by suppertime, right?

#22 ·
Re: John Burns, welcome

Mitch Boehm may be a fat tub of lard, but someone tell me what the hell is wrong with Josh Norem? He looks like a 4 foot tall weasel with a Napoleon complex.

Thank God Burns is here. No more of that rag for me. Time to subscribe tomorrow.

--Foxy

#25 ·
When I was reading this, and got to the "fine wine" bit, I realized that I've bought my last 3 bikes on the recommendation of MO, (Pity it's rubbishing my 1150GS now though - wrongly), I read mcn.com, bike, ride and motorcyclist as well.

So lets see. MCN has gone so soft and commercial it ain't worth it anymore except for the odd Haga babe. I no longer have to buy motorcyclist as the only edge in the mag is now here. A copy of Bike or Ride in the US/LA costs about 2/3's of the subsciption here.

So what's my point? Well, welcome JB.. glad you came here. I'm looking forward to see if you can live up to MO.....

#26 ·
I agree, I subscribed a week ago. Now I feel much better about shelling out those 12 bucks.

Also, it seems MO has recently really started beating the print mags to the punch... Did you have some kind of agreement previously where you wouldn't post new material until a certain date? Anyway, the quick turn-around times made me subscribe, and I am even happier. Keep up the good work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.