Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I can't decide if I'm going to be ill or go ballistic. The GOB network is in full bloom. New Yorkers used to get po'ed at the UN types w/diplo immunity. Looks like we have our own home grown version as well. I guess we do get the govt. we deserve .

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Looking at it in a different light, at least the family will get paid if they get a judgement. Most people that get sued for large amounts hide all their assests and declare bankruptcy by the time the judgement is delivered. O.J. comes to mind here. I'm not happy that Snakelow isn't gonna get tagged, but he would weasel out anyway and the family would get nada.

·
Registered
771 Posts
This just gets better and better.

1st the lower than roach ***** Janklow gets one of his croany judges to give him a meaningless sentence.

Now the rat bastard won't even have to pay a penny of restitution to the family.

My ass would be so burried right now, if I had done something like this.

I just hope someone wakes up the rubs going to Sturgis and has a ralley to support the family, and wake up the locals as to the "justice" in SD.

The good news is we all get to pay for this Jackoff. Yippie.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems to that there should be some kind of standard that the troopers should be held against for not giving Jerkalow tickets and letting him slide all these years. I know it sounds naive as hell but I always thought no one was above the law. I guess another American ideal has gone to crap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I say go to Sturgis, and raise a stink. Embarass SD with 100,000 loudly people saying what a crappy thing Jerkalow and his good ol boys are doing. That way Sturgis vendors don't get screwed but SD gets a whole bunch o bad publicity.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am very surprised by this outcome. Usually commission of a crime is a "severing" act. That is, even if you were on official business, you couldn't have been on official business when you committed the crime because committing crimes is clearly not official business.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Could be worse...

If this were Africa or China or South America or if Jackoff had been an EU offical absolutely nothing at all would have happened. Heck, the family may have had to buy Jackoff a new car and reimburse him for his distress since Scott dared to interfere with an important official in the performance of his duties.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Could be worse...

This is not Africa or China or South America. I think we should not lower our standards in what we expect from our officials. I believe if you f-up then you have face the consequences. I get tired of hearing "this is ok because ..." It seems we have laws but they only apply to "regular folks and the newly rich" If you are old school money then you are pretty much bullet proof. New money can buy thier justice old money seems to own "justice" regular folk are just S O L and have to follow the rules and hope nothing bad happens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sure, they'll get paid, but only compensatory damages. Suing the government for punitive damages isn't allowed.

His expected lifetime earnings will be about all that the family will be awarded...that's great compensation for a lost life, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Nothing is more unjust than pinning blame on the lowest ranking officer. That's what is happening in the Abu Graib prison scandel. I guess "the ideal that's gone to crap" is assigning accountablility where it belongs!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Exactly, in any kind of work environment you only do as much as you think you can get away with. The Abu Graib prison scandel happened because someone supervisor wasn't paying attention, was told to let it happen, or flat out just let it happen.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
We knew this fat ******* was going to skate from the git-go. Why does any of this surprise you? Even if he'd have hit a bus load of nuns he'd get off.

Our only hope is the family sees some kind of compensation, they sure didn't get any justice.

Maybe in his next life Janklow will come back as a leper or an untouchable in India or something.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Could be worse...

Actually I agree with you 100%. This sort of political corruption is as old as the human race. As long as the average American remains a sheeple who turns a blind eye to this corruption and it will grow until we become exactly like South America or Africa.

·
Registered
20 Posts
no need to insult lepers either

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.