Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Judge Weighs Whether Motorcycle

What's the point? The officer is correct in issuing the reckless ticket. Fact, if you rounded a corner on two of four wheels in an auto you would be cited for reckless driving. If you only have one of two on the ground you DO NOT have total control of your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

If the judge tried it himself it probably would be reckless riding. This is really the only shortcoming of a cruiser. I do miss those lazy long wheelies on my 2 stroke H2, torq on low and light front.

Stoppies were harder. In fact it was hard to just to stop.

- cruiz-euro

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

...only if you're on an Electra Glide....

·
Registered
285 Posts
LEO's discretion

It comes down to the LEO's discretion. If absolutely loony to think that a Judge is going to rule that "wheelies are legal". They won't be in every case, because you can always do them at an inappropriate time!

With that said, they shouldn't call them ILLEGAL in every case.

[email protected]#%ing Lawyers.

Rob

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: It's the Economy, Stupid

It's an economic issue. The more time you spend with the front wheel in the air, the longer the front tire will last and reduce the bike's maintenance costs.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

But then you have to deal with fork seals and bearings that wear faster when the front wheel impacts the pavement.

·
Registered
320 Posts

I feel the righteous (and idiotic) indignation of a whole bunch of squids is about to land on your head.

Didn't you know that only cruiser owners ride recklessly? Especially Harley owners.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

No you guys (Harley and cruiser riders) just ride unsafe barges... Slow, non agile, bad brakes..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Yep its always a trade off.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Read about wheelies in a book...

Hey Racer Boy? I can pop a wheelie no problem..

Willow Springs July 07 longWeasel vs kpaul... be there...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

LOL good one.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

The Judge was only questioning the "wheelie". This has nothing to do with other reckless driving offenses. I stand by my original comment. If it's in the air and you get busted EXPECT the ticket.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

No I only have ridden a Sporster.. I seen guys wreck a few though in slow parking lot manevers.. Come on no way is your average rider on heavy cruiser is safer than a sport bike if he follows all the traffic laws.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

longride first then you, then Buzweasel...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.