Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Barry Sanders vs the Fridge.

You are putting words in my mouth. Let me do the same with you...

So are you saying,when im cruising at 65 in a 55 on my Geezer glide,I"m in more danger than if ride down the same road doing 65 on my son's GSX1000 .? Then the answer is Yes.. GSXR1000 turn quicker, start and top faster than the Geezer. Agility is the key element in avoiding an accident. Think Barry Sanders rather than Refrigerator Perry.

In order to avoid a tackle (accident) Sanders could start/stop and turn on a dime.

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Judge Weighs Whether Motorcycle

Yep the guy who gave me my passing on a yellow line ticket dropped the reckless driving and speeding thing. I was so lucky he was a nice guy. He said anytime the front wheel goes in the air you are out of control i.e. guilty of reckless driving.

· Registered
872 Posts
Re: Read about wheelies in a book...

He'll hit a stick in the road on the way and not make it.

· Registered
872 Posts

And often quite fun, until you're in the slammer.

· Registered
1,521 Posts

I agree you can EXPECT the ticket. But that you necessarily deserve it is pure BS. Say this guy Hayden leaves the lights with a slight wheelie and some nitwit donut munching cop claims he was not totally in control.

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: H1

All this and the legendary flexframe. It certainly seemed much more. Especially after a hill crest facing a sudden tight lefthander on a choppy pavement (ok so that went straight). But, having not found a H-2 dyno chart in the net (help, anyone???) and having checked the MO 2006 Middleweight Supersport comparo´s dyno charts, I would think that, say, at 6-8 kRPM the H-2 would wax these butts

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
15 Posts

Obviously the definition of a wheelie is the key here. Is any amount of the front wheel coming off the ground under alll conditions considered a wheelie, and thus reckless driving. There is a big difference between your fron wheel coming 4 inches off the ground and riding a quarter mile with the front wheel nearly vertical to the rear wheel while flipping off the law for style points.

· Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts

Hell, I was a firefighter/medic for 17 years as well as a rider for 38 years, and haven't seen several of any specific bike wrecked, and I bet I saw hundreds more wrecks than our resident village idiot has. Liar? He certainly is. Not hard to figure that one out.

· Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts

I've probably seen 5 street wrecks in 30 years of street riding and I was in 3 of them, 1 was my buddy screwing around doing burnouts on a wet wooden bridge and the last one was a guy on an R1 who cannonballed his way through the blackberries when he missed a corner.

The remarkable thing about our boy is he has had 1 bike, hardly ever rides it, yet has tons of annecdotal evidence of which bike is best, which style is best...etc. He's a true engineer, all books or in this case internet and no experiance.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
KPaul vs. XXXXX at YYYYYY Track...

MO should pony-up and pay for KPaul's ticket to the track of his choosing.

KPaul tells MO which bike he wants and MO provides it at the track of KPaul's choice. Other riders in attendance are: Longweasel, Bozoglide, Racer Boy, Ashley, and one other reader or staff member of KPaul's choosing.

KPaul's total cost and total liability = $0.00 all he has to do is pick the track and bike, MO does the rest.

I propose a new poll.... "Should KPaul follow-through on his oft-repeated threat to meet various MOrons at the track?"

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: KPaul vs. XXXXX at YYYYYY Track...

I've ridden with Buzz and Longride. They are great guys and they are very good motorcyclists. I'm thinking they will do just fine on the track, without a school.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: KPaul vs. XXXXX at YYYYYY Track...

Gotcha.... But I'm pretty sure Freddie stopped holding his breath over a year ago.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.