Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trolling through motorcycle.com for 4 years. It occurs to me- I've never actually seen a woman in here... it reminds of the time I was traveling in another city. Found a great sports-bar not too far from the hotel.. settled into a booth and started drinking/ watching the game. I think it was sometime after half-time when I realized there were no women in the bar...and most of the men had exaggerated moustaches.(not that there is anything wrong with that)

So I'm left wondering... Is motorcycle.com an "alternative-lifestyle" site?

If there are women reading this... what are you wearing? :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
So I'm left wondering... Is motorcycle.com an "alternative-lifestyle" site?

If there are women reading this... what are you wearing? :)
\squeeky voice\ Assless chaps, and you? /squeeky voice/

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Let us all explore our "Inner Woman" in this sextio.... erm, I mean: section.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You do realize your original post was titled "Just Curious" and involved a story about an "alternative" establishment. Further, you expressed interest in womens clothing.

Interesting.....J/K!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Dang, longride. Them danged posting guidelines sure flew out the window in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Oh good, a post in the Women Riders section and this is what we get. :p

Yo! I'm a woman and (since you asked) I'm still wearing my Frank Thomas leathers after a ride to the store to get some food. So there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
women?

Female here....I've subscribed to MO for about three years and read the forums cause you guys do know a lot about bikes. But like most sites about motorcycles its so highly testosterone driven I really have nothing to say... so I will contiue to lurk and learn.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is the moderator of the Women Rider's forum a female? This should be the case- along with a simple set of forum rules that allow this forum to be used for its intended purpose.

I would suggest you keep the rules simple:

No Leghumping

is better than:

Posting of derogatory or suggestive comments will result in a warning, followed by the termination of the member's posting privileges....

·
Registered
274 Posts
If MO v2.0 is serious about "change", then a strong women's forum would be a good addition. The demographics of riding have changed- the industry knows that women represent a huge part of the future of motorcycling.

The female to male ratio at your local MSF BRC course illustrates this. The trouble is MO has obviously been "male oriented" in the past and with the addition of "Motorcycle.com Babes" I see no intention of altering that course.

There is opportunity here, though. I have printed out many motorcycle reviews for friends- my sister-in-law just took the BRC course and is eager to buy her first bike.

Would I send her to MO? Hmmmm.....If the Women Riders forum was properly moderated then I think even the most hardcore leghumper here would be able to behave on one forum, at least.

As a matter of personal disclosure, I am male and I am sure I am guilty of leghumping comments, general knuckledragging, and other unreconstructed male behaviors. I no longer fling my poo or show my canines in a threatening fashion, so I appear to be making progress.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
FWIW, MO is not as bad as some places (AdvRider's JoMomma for example), or even Cycle Forums. I've been able to deal with the old forum without much trouble.

I concur that "MO's Babes" is really stupid and ought to go, or at least not be so prominently advertised on the first page for heaven's sake. One look at that would drive away a lot of women.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow I really have to agree with MO Babes being on the front page.....probably would turn me off to paying for a subscription if I ran across this the first time.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You might suggest to Kevin to add an "MO Beefcake" page to even things up. Equal rights and all that.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Those are good points, if MO 2.0 is going to be taken seriously by women then that's really not appropriate. Standard cheesecake pictures are incredibly lame in the first place unless you're 15. I'll see what I can do about getting it moved.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.