Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i just recently bought a 1990 suzuki katana 600. In doing so i had to swap out the engine, everything is up and functioning except the clutch and neutral light.
I have the clutch all in and have it adjusted for maximum push but i still cant get it to push out enough to get out of gear. I also have a problem with the neutral light not coming on while in neutral. Anyone have any ideas? Im fairly new to motorcycle and would appreciate any help.

Thanks
JD

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Was the new motor dropped? If so, there might be something hung-up on the shift drum, or perhaps part of the clutch is the same way (or it was diddled-with before you got it).

If you don't already possess a manual, this is the space where you'll be urged to obtain one.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Obviously the neutral light bulb is burnt out. Change that, and the clutch will start working again! Garanteed!

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
I had a bike that if the clutch was set up too tight, the lever that actuated it would give instead of pushing as it should.

Any chance you didn't stack the stell and fiber plates correctly? One too few perhaps?

Is your clutch hydralic or cable? Is it possible to watch the clutch action while you pull the lever in? Either one can be out of adjustment enough to keep the clutch from actuating fully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.