Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
"The NINJA ZX-10R is designed to have the best power-to-weight ratio and best

handling on the track," said Orbe. "It will provide riders with more than enough power

and handling to take on the competition."

Except they won't be racing it, right?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I guess if they're not doing the press introduction till December it won't be at the Seattle stop of the bike show.

Kinda' short sighted of them, they should have put one out for buyers to look at. Who cares what the "press corps" thinks.

Now I'll just have to lust after the other 14 or 15 new bikes I want.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The press intro is when the press gets to ride it. It has nothing to do with the bike shows. There were 4 zx-10r's available to sit on at the bay area motorcycle show, unlike the single honda sitting up on a pedestal and out of reach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Will be raced...

Check again, smart guy. Under AMA rules the same team can't compete in AMA Superbike and Superstock at the same time.

So, the factory team will race the ZX10R in Superstock (the street bike/stock class) and Attack Kawasaki will race their ZX10R in Superbike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The "word" I heard was that because of the new Superbike rules, Kawi decided that they would not have enough development time with the bike prior to the new racing season. Yamaha has stated much the same reasoning. With the limited amount of changes allowed in Superstock(they DO allow slicks though), it was felt that a lower cost approach to racing development in a what appears to be a very competitive class of racing this year, would let them sort out the bike while the Superbike rules may still be in flux for the next year or so.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If this thing goes as good as it sounds like it will I may have to reconsider my I'm too old to stand on my hands all day theory, dump the ZRX (which I love), a bunch of weight and let the Good Times roll Baby!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

If they thought it sucks why race it in a class designed to most closely test what a lightly modified bike can do against it's peers? Sounds to me like Kawasaki thinks their "Production" bike is better than the rest. They've also expressed dissatisfaction with the current Superbike rules structure. Hope you don't think Mat's or Aaron's bikes more than vaguely resemble what you see on the street or will be riding (in the under 100K catagory).

·
Registered
5 Posts

And read what I wrote: Attack Kawasaki will be racing the ZX10R in AMA Superbike.

Under the AMA rules, you can't race in Superbike and Superstock at the same time. By using both teams (Attack and Factory), the ZX10R will be racing in both series.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ooh, shiny... Lets face it. Who cares that Kawi waited? Does it really make a difference who has the longer wheelbase or the lightest curb weight at this point? NO! Because we all know the manufacturer's data is horse*****. When the comparos start showing up with some real world feedback and some dyno numbers then maybe the new Kawi will give us something to get excited about.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Awesome duuude!!!!

Do the after market manufacturers have to use special chrome on the rear swing arms to accomodate the extra ponies this bike so sorely needed?

Seriously though, why do the manufacturers jerk the bike buying public around like this? adding a horsepower here, subtracting half a kilo there. Everyone knows that if they wanted to they could release a 4 cylinder, 200hp litre class bike tomorrow.

I say just get it over with and then sit back and let various governments slap on hp restrictions.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Honda has always had pedestal syndrome...

The CBR-600RR got the pedestal treament last year, and I think the Rune got it last year AND this year.

Compare with Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki who had all their hot new bikes in several copies available for sittin.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.