Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Today I did somewhat of an impulse buy. I found this 1985 Kawasaki GPZ600R for around $100. Guy said it ran fine before he lost interest, then in stood for 5 years. I thought that hopefully it won't be too hard or costly to get this bike running. Otherwise I can probably sell it for the amount I bought it for.

It doesn't have a battery, the carbs are probably clogged, but what I assume is the worst problem is the tank is completely rusted on the inside. I'm gonna look around tomorrow if I can find a used tank, my guess is that is the easiest route to go. If the tank is rusty, has that dirty fuel made it's way to the motor? I keep my fingers crossed it has not. I'm no mechanic, but if the bike just sits does the motor take damage in any way. I only have his words to go on that everything ran fine before he parked it.

I will give you guys an update tomorrow when I've looked around for parts. I will also take better pictures of it. It started to rain and the garage is rather stuffed with garbage.

Take care!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
I would have LOVED a project like this when I was 15 years old or so.
Now......not so much.

It likely will take a LOT of time and a bit of money........so consider it carefully BEFORE you take anything apart.
It will sell much better if it is all in one piece, even if not running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts