Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's one 40something bloke who still has more fun on a sport bike than a cruiser. I don't call it "partially rationalized logic" - just individual preference. I don't have anything against cruisers, and will probably own one someday. Cheers.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: Now I remember why I gritted my teeth...

*****, *****, *****. I can't tell you how many times I've read letters in print magazines complaining about the same kinda' thing! Apparently, a lot of folks can't bear to see an article that doesn't seem tailor-made just for their taste. Personally, I like that MO is writing about bikes that the newstand rags consider to be yesterday's news. Please don't encourage MO to be just an online copy of the same old thing!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gents,

My beef with cruisers is that I've only ridden one that could handle.

The cruiser I like to ride is my friend's '98 Guzzi EV11: THAT is a cruiser that can turn a corner. In the fun stuff, the passenger pegs work perfectly for aggressive cornering. Also, I quite liked the '01 Harley road-glide I rode, the one with the frame-mount dual headlight fairing.

I certainly don't like the hyper-sports bikes anymore; I'll take my old-generation 900ss over any superbike, because I can ride the damn thing without cramping-up.

Ride fun!

David

·
Registered
780 Posts
I enjoyed JB's take on this bike, but if a test or comparo on it is available on another site and you can't test or compare it soon, why didn't he just include a hyperlink?

One of your readers just included one in this very thread

Your dyno test would then be a great reality check. Leverage the internet guys, and reduce both cost and heat!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: Great Price/Performance Ratio sure beats a Harley

Why don't you write a chatty review of the Lightning, include a hyperlink directly to the article in an appropriate place, edit it (caps, ie/ei and so on) and submit it for posting.

I'm trying to get MO to encourage that sort of thing. If you find a road test or comparo include a link to that too.

You write pretty well, KPaul, when you try.

Jule

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Ummmmm........no

Despite your uneasyness to call a spade a spade....I will continue to call all peope of oriental descent a jap. And all people from the vicinity of England will still be known as a Brit, as well as all Hispanic, Spanish and Cuban people will be called mexican, unless they really are from Mexico and then they will be referred to as ******. And don't forget all middle-easterners shall be forever referred to as sand-******.

But, for pointing out my diliberate use of ethnic labeling, you will forever be referred to as boob. (mainly becuase, well.....you're a boob)

·
Registered
159 Posts
The complete lack of original thought is inherent to the entire class. All the Japanese manufacturers created these bikes as direct copies of Harleys in an attempt to squeaze into that market niche. C'mon, a fake hardtail look on a Kawasaki? What model year was that when Kwaks were still running the hardtail frame?

It's pretty simple, but when you use a cookie cutter, aren't all the cookies gonna look the same?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll read anything by John Burns even remotely connected to things mechanical. I don't see anything on the masthead that says Sportcycle. I don't f****n' own a cruiser and never will, but that doesn't negate someone that does. It is still a motorcycle.

bigj

81 - 100 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.