Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
The orange one may be a little hard on your eyes, but the black one looks quite nice. Personally, I don't care too much about the pipes. When I'm riding I can't see them.

Remeber, it's always easier to do things the hard way. Chango

·
Registered
77 Posts
My local dealer has a black one that actually looks very nice except for those goofy pipes. It seems no bigger than my Sv650 to sit on so it must really haul with THAT motor. I think with some nice aftermarket pipes it would be

quite a hell-raiser. Unfortunately I need my bikes to have a certain amount of utility and like so many others (monsters, 919s, superhawks, speed triples) it has gone totally to the other extreme. But if I had the means to have a bike just for going out and making a fool of myself, the Z1000 sure would be tough to beat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Green with envy.

No mention of the green so far - is it a Canada-only colour? Its by far the best colour for the Z1000. The orange is just plain LOUD, and the black with the red seat and the gold pipes reminds me of the Lexus luxo-boats with the gold trim that the old farts are buying. Tacky.

Make mine green, even looks nice with the gold pipes!

Check it here: http://kawasaki.ca/retronaked/Z1000/

·
Registered
273 Posts
John Burns says in the article that the Kawi made 124 hp at the rear wheel on the MO dyno, and the dyno chart says over 128. Which is correct (if either)? Personally, I like the pipes, but the fact that each one has a catalytic converter in it makes me think that the heat output will be tremendous. Althought well written, I didn't find this article very informative.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good test...

Best write-up I've seen on the z1000. Your test bike absolutely stomps the one dyno'd at http://www.mcnews.com.au/ Why is that? Their test shows the FZ1 whoopin' the Z1000. Is the U.S. model more powerful? I could understand a little difference between dynos but 14 hp is nothing to sneeze at, specially seeing another bike (FZ1) tested with their dyno that M.O. had somewhat similar results with. I'm not *****ing, just curious.

I think the mufflers are cheesey looking, a little too x-wing fighterish, but the gold heat treatment is pretty cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the orange one! - just hate black bikes I guess. The pipes look like a leftover from the Balius parts bin - if you're gonna have four pipes then HAVE FOUR PIPES - proper ones . I prefer this bike to the FZ1....and it fits me great.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Pipes

I saw this bike and sat on it at the Long Beach show. I totally dig it in orange and I like the pipes too. At least Kawi is trying something a little different instead of the standard cookie-cutter UJM look.

And the caption for the photo could be,

"Eh Homes, check out my twice pipes."

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.