Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bodes well for superbike racing, I'm certain that Kaw will have EBoz on this bike next year. I think the rules require that the bike has to be released for homogulation (sp) by the middle of the season, so Kaw can't get it to him this season.

Shame looks like they pulled the trigger for a competitive bike. Well have to wait to see the spec sheet, and MO's first track day on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you look closely at the pic, looks like Kawi will have another "First" with their ZX-10R, Front Wave rotors. I just don't like the way the styling has been of late. All the new bikes from Kawi and Honda look like GP replicas. They are taking cues from Suzuki where telling the 600's from the 1000's will be difficult. I personally would like to see some diversity in the styling... *shrug* Pretty soon we will go to the dealer for a bike...we will choose a chassis and check off options of Forks, Engine Size, etc. 8-D

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Right on, KPaul. This year's literbikes are going to be .00018% better than last's! Run out and buy one!

·
Registered
878 Posts
This doesn't look anything like the spy photos that came out months ago, and frankly, contrary to the article, does not look anything like Kawi's GP bike (unfortunately.) It DOES, however, look like the great-performing but ugly-as-sin ZX6R. Lame.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Looks like the current ZX6r and a new Viffer got it on and this was the fruit of their labors. Weird.

but with Honda's new literbike coming out this year, it could make things much more interesting in the 1K category.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
I kind of agree with you. However, I hate to say this but the new ZX-6R does look better in person kind of like the 999 ouch. I was getting my bike serviced on monday and I sat on a new ZX-6R. I don't like the ergos compared to my 2001.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ha!.. good eye!.. I hadn't seen it either... sorta just looked like part of a chain-guard support at first glance. Upon closer inpsection, it seems they've painted or covered it w/tape to hide the bracing.

My guess is that they think the bike will look like a zx6r to the causal observer so that they can do some semi-open testing???

You see that often in the automotive industry w/concealing tapework and paneling.

If that's true, perhaps that bodywork is also 'developmental/stealthy/disguise' oriented?? It looks too much like the zx6r right now.

-James

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Working for a corporation that builds curb and gutter/mining machines, I can tell you that just because something looks tiny and weak, doesn't mean it really is. Liter bikes with their huge swingarms are overbuilt for the street the way it is. If they use different materials and/or different processes in making the swingarm they could find a way to make the same strength/stronger swingarm and be smaller and lighter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, well, before it assumed room temperature, I could make my 03 R1's swingarm flex during hard corner exits, and it looks a lot beefier than the one on the ZX10R.

On a 2nd gear, high-grip corner exit with 155+ rwhp, I think it'll take more than what I see on the ZX10R to minimize flex. Unless it's made of Martian titanuim/kryptonite/spider-silk alloy, that is...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: What is that part???

That's part of a sensor package that records information for testing purposes. See all of the cables taped to the bike? That's the sensor cable speghetti. The lump of crap on teh rear seat is prolly the recording device. Or the lanky pilot's lunch.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The flex could have been engineered into the swingarm for better weight transfer and traction for all we know. That is unless someone here works for Yamaha???

·
Registered
28 Posts
This will CREATE problems for Eboz - at first

For sure it's great that Eboz will have a better platform for a race bike, but it will take time to develop into something competitive. It will be a brand-new machine and who knows if they've had enough time to do testing to be in the ballpark.

Suzuki's Superbike was very close chassis-wise to their previous 3-time champtionship winning bike, so they got a new motor with more power which got them right back on the pace.

I don't think there is even a baseline with the new ZX-10R. Can't wait for the road or race bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.