Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post! maybe

No longer iron but but more like titanium alloy A$$

50 hours!

On a Sport Bike!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Wow. I hope she can do it. I once drove my car all night to get from Atlanta to Denver once when I was her age. I was totally exhausted. Where were all the girls like her back when I was dating....If I was her husband I'd be going with her...Not to belittle her plan but the southern route is the easiest in my opinon. A logical plan for her being from Florida. Having done I-90,I-94 I-80, I-70. and I-40 in my day (only from west of the Miss to the west coast). I found I-80 challenging because of ground blizzards in Wyoming and Nebraska and I-70 because of the Colorado Rockies during winter.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Let's see...she'32, has two kids, 14 and 11 and still married. That explains why she's doing this trip.

When she gets out to California she should trade that Kwacker for a Triumph and complete the 50 CC back to florida.

What's with the Jap bikes these days? Quality slipping?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: Break-in challange

I'm not certain about the 1000's speed at 6000 RPM, but breaking in the 600 I had to keep it below 7500 for 600 miles, but that was about 75 (85 indicated), so 6000 may only be about 100 on his new toy...

And yes, keeping a new gixxer below 120 IS a challenge.

·
Registered
955 Posts
2000+ miles of interstate on a bike, that sounds more like the Bored to Tears Ton. Iron Butt challenges don’t interested me. Droning along until your brain turns to mush; how entertaining can that possibly be? Being forced to watch 48 hours of The Price is Right would be just-slightly-less fun. By comparison, solitary confinement, and a lava lamp, would be a riot.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Official No-Shyt Thread Police Evaluation

Your comment contains no political or mean-spirited overtones and so is hereby authorized.

However you have been noted in the Thread Police Database as a potential threat to the fainthearted. You are hereby requested and required to sing "Kumbaya" 5 times and to maintain a moment of silence each hour to spread Good Vibes mentally to the whole world.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
STOP - by order of the Official No-Shyt Thread Police

This thread has been declared invalid due to mean-spirited content. The involved parties are required to report for Thread Sensitivity Training.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
"crank it out Kelly" ?????

What kind of rude sexist statement is that perv-boy, you're probably some red state women-hating bible banger who believes a womens place is on your face.

You're stupid and you smell bad.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.