Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh great. Now I'll have a choice between a mid-range wrecking/2HP gain Muzzy or a mid-range wrecking/2HP gain KR for my Zrex.

Or, wait, does the Zrex actually meet the criteria for a sportbike? What do the snobs say these daze?

·
Registered
61 Posts
When you're smoking your ZREX by some poser on a $20,000 Duc in the hills, damn straight it is. I don't own one, but I'd like to. Good on KR for discovering 'branding.' I wonder if he'd pipe up my signature series RZ350?? Gimme a call, King.....

·
Registered
330 Posts
What exaclty is "beyond performance." What would you use something that is "beyond performance" for? Is it like another dimension that the human mind can't comprehend? (Except KR's mind, that is.)

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Dude, you should be grateful that a performance exhaust is even an option. And KR should be grateful that he's allowed to start a business selling exhausts for motorcycles. And we should all be grateful that we can even own motorcycles.

O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickle down the sides of my nose. But it's all right, everything is all right, the struggle is finished. I have won the victory over myself. I love Big Brother.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Clearly ZRX's performance is based on the color of the bike. if you have a green one you are in luck. It is fast. If you have a silver one like mine, you are simply old and the bike is heavy and squishy. Glad i could help.

I think its the coolest looking japanese bike ever made in any color. I don't have mine anymore but it's a great motorcycle. I never took the stock exhaust off for fear the smooth fueling would go away no matter how i rejetted. After a few years of fuel injected on/off switch fueling, the zrx was sweet. the only thing that bothered me was I could not upgrade the fork internals on the 05. i heard that was a recent flaw though.

On the street any modern sportbike is overkill.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"Beyond Performance" is the "Beyond" part of Bed, Bath, and Beyond.........

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Re: "Where's Your Crown King Nothing"

When was the last time one of KR's bikes that "go beyond performance" podiumed, or even finished a race? You'd be better off sticking a shotgun down your Z-REX's can and opening up the baffles a bit than wasting money on this has-been's crap.

·
Registered
155 Posts
why all the hate for KR? as far as i am concerned the guy is a legend ..kr jnr isnt so bad either....i saw jezza mcwilliams on the proton and thought those guys were onto something but just didnt have the the big budget ...

so he releases a lame tie in for squids but why is that any different from any loud piped...fuelling messed up poseur bike ..if it keeps him in funds for his race teams then the end justified the means in my book...

most any mod made to a bike seems to be just about looks ..cruiser or sportsbike ; at least his stuff might actually have performace gains bearing in mind his experience ...the only call is the usual one ..most street riders dont need gains

·
Registered
118 Posts
be·yond - Pronunciation - [bee-ond, bi-yond]

-preposition

1. on, at, or to the farther side of: *Beyond those trees you'll find his house.*

per·for·mance - Pronunciation - [per-fawr-muhns]

–noun

1. a musical, dramatic, or other entertainment presented before an audience.

on the farther side of the musical?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Woof!

·
Registered
722 Posts
The real money is not made selling hand made beautiful works of art made of titanium to sport bike riders. Nope. It is made selling simple chromed straight pipes to brain dead loud pipes save lives me too Harley riders. Pity KR's legend does not apply to that crowd.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.