Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't the "New" Concours already too big. I'd rather see a greater selection of standards and mid sized bikes. It's the market, right?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Because they didn't listen to the Resident Industry Expert - don't they know the V-Twin is Dead?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Facts and Data

Buz you are like your mentor Bill O'Rielly. Your analysis is shallow. Two key facts escape you.

1. "in response to surging demand in the US and Europe" .. I am sure Euorpe is not buying more cruisers.

2. "he heavy machinery manufacturer also aims to launch development of next-generation motorcycles, such as hybrid models and electric vehicles, in a bid to catch up to Honda Motor Co and BMW AG, it said." Nothing about cruisers is mentioned.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Facts and Data

kpaul says the "V-Twin is dying in motorcycle racing" he never said it was dead. kpaul is definitlely correct. Ducati pulled out of AMA superbike, World Supersport etc.

V-Twins will be used in applications where performance is not important. i.e. style is more important.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Only for a few more years. Gen X and Y are not going to buy cruisers or HDs...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Well I'm a motorcyclist and I look like a model...People say to me all the time, "why sarnali, you look just like a model except your beard ain't coiffed".....

I would be curious though as to which models they're ramping production on. If it's for Europe it's probabaly Ninjas and ZX14's. Like the Great Motorcycle Suppository says, they ain't buying too many cruisers over there.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yes, they make golf carts. And Victory motors.

·
Registered
361 Posts
"Large bikes" could mean anything from 2500cc cruisers to 650cc scooters. Kawasaki already makes several variants of its 2000cc and 1600cc cruisers and also has large-displacement naked and sportbikes covered. Scooters are on the rise. A lot of people who don't think of themselves as motorcycle people are looking for more-economical transportation. Big scooters are better suited to hauling grocereries and riding to work in business attire. Honda and Suzuki are doing well with the Silver Wings and Burgmans. Kawasaki's plans may include going after a share of this market.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.