Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Gotta love a motor that gets max torque at 0 rpm.

But since it ain't a V-4 all this development will be wasted.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Cool too bad the GPTB will never go for it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Recharging?

And how often do they recharge it? After every run? How long does it take and where do they plug it in to recharge? How much do the batteries cost? Inquiring minds want to know, and I want to know too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: Recharging?

According to their web site, recharging is "just a few minutes" and is done every run. Must be the best Lithium ion batteries in existence - the ones I have take a LOT longer. The batteries weigh less than a v-twin, at 163 lbs total and generate about 350 HP. Looks like a miracle to me. Al Gore probably invented them.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Mercedes has just released the E320 Bluetec. Let's see, wife wants a luxury car, it's diesel, and it's made by Daimler-Chrysler.

Even a lower level, junior paygrade manager ought to be able to swing the payments on this one.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
whatever you say kbillcollector..

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
So it's a Planned Purchase then?

·
Registered
47 Posts
That thing sounds super sweet. I really wish someone would step up and give us a feasible electric motorcycle with 150 hp that is capable of decent range (400 miles would be nice, but 200 would be acceptable) for less than $20K. I would never buy one, but like having a girlfriend while being married, it is always a nice option to think about.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

Not such a big deal, prob'ly...

They're discharging them for maybe 12 seconds, including burnout. So what if it takes an hour to jam them back up?

The latest Car & Driver has an article about electric drags. The lead "character" has an old Datsun with siamesed forklift motors.

They say the weirdest part is that there is no noise, except the tires.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
And I STILL haven't heard anything from him that indicates (or doesn't) that he's a real person.

thedotairhawkatgmaildotcom.........

·
Registered
117 Posts

According to Gizmag.com, range is 7 runs (2 miles) and recharge time is 10 minutes.

So with 100 times the battery mass, you'd get 200 miles between 17-hour recharges. Still some development work to be done I'd say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.