Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago I bought this Klock Werks windshield for my Roadglide. I took my first ride to a poker run in Fort Worth.First impression, Hmmmmmmmmmm, a little windy. After getting on the freeway, almost lost my hat, girlfriend got strangled by her helmet strap, turbulence sucked the air out our lungs and at 80 mph the wind as like a huricane. I got my first card, went home and changed the screen back to the stock Harley. Klock werks said they will not honor a return because it was designed to replace the stock harley screen????????? and I have a higher than stock shield. So? it still does not work.Looks very sexy though if you dont ride your bike. Thus I am in posession of a very new $160 windshield that does not shield the wind.
Certainly not recommended.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Baloney.

Windscreens work or do not work depending on the bike and rider. A screen that works for one person may not work at all for another. You, being clueless about how screens work and how to choose one, picked the wrong screen. Too bad.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
andremn, I got spoiled by an excellent windshield on my old Concours. After 30 years on bikes without fairings or windscreens, I found I liked riding in a calm pocket of air, especially on the Interstates or in the rain.

I've been struggling with windscreens for my VStrom since I got it. The original one is pretty large, and has a huge adjustment range, but I cannot get it to a point where my head isn't being hammered by air blasts. I studied the endless posts on the subject on a VStrom specific website, and bought a new aftermarket screen. Same results. My next step is to get a bracket that adds even more adjustability and see if that work. Or not, maybe just a sport screen that provides no wind and rain protection at all, but that does flow clean air at about chest level.

The 'Glide's mounting for the screen doesn't give much opportunity for adjustment. Maybe you can dump it on Ebay and buy some chrome instead. :D

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hooo-weee!

Make a note: Stay away from Sachi around the 22nd of March!

Andremn, hopefully you got the point, and not the horn. Like Ken says, maybe you can "finesse" the KW screen. But, most of them seem to be made for looks, and the designers cannot even spell'aerodynamics'.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Hooo-weee!

Andremn, hopefully you got the point, and not the horn. Like Ken says, maybe you can "finesse" the KW screen. But, most of them seem to be made for looks, and the designers cannot even spell'aerodynamics'.

Good luck!
They can too spell airody,.... erridi...... well look, they don't know what that means, but they DO know what's stylin' in the Parkin' Lot of Burger Barn, Yo!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Hooo-weee!

Good luck!
No, she knows Zachery has an eye for her so she's doing her Power Lawyer Thing.........

He's probably chewing his keyboard by now Heh heh.....

The only windshield I thought was any good was the adjustable one on my '02 R1150 RT, one of the few things I liked about the bike. It was adjustable for height and deflection and actually worked very well, over all the bike was very comfortable really, with the windshield, adjustable seat and heated grips. Pretty easy to dial in for whatever type of riding or weather you were in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.