Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL! Guess Ducati could only take so much before they told that guy to get lost. I've had the chance to talk to him a couple times at the races and he was real nice but from a team manager point of view, what a nightmare. Talk about a high maitnence rider!

ps//I'm first

·
Registered
93 Posts
Although it is possibly true that Kocinski is "tough" to work with, it's a shame he won't be around for the AMA season. It's no secret that Mladin and John-John don't like each other, it would have made for some colourful action both on and off the track. Even if you don't like the guy, you have to admit that the season may not be as exciting as it would have been if he was around. Hopefully some other team will pick him up, or maybe he will "wildcard" a couple of rounds. If Kocinski had stayed around with Slight in AMA as well, the series would have been a "who's who" of motorcycle racing. Kocinski, Slight, Russell, Duhamel, Mladin, ...and the list goes on and on. Just the same, it's fixing up to be quite a season in AMA. I can't wait....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd really like to see John keep a ride. From his first race at Oak Hill in East Texas two decades ago until now, he has shown himself to be an outstanding rider. Now if he can only solve some of the relationship issues. He's only going to get so many chances at top flight rides.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kocinski has been a superb rider at times & an awlful one at others. The problem is that he is known as such a "****" that he makes it embaresing to be an American fan. I'm glad he's out & can't thing of a better replacement than Slight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Regardless of how difficult John may be to work with, one thing is certain..hes a fierce competitor. Noone can take that from him. While there are numerous riders competing in the AMA and WSB ranks, there are fewer that have proven they CAN win. To have one sit out takes away a little from the sport. This late in the game, one must wonder how long ago Ducati lined Slight up to replace John. hmm, I wonder if Slights spot is still available with Castrol Honda... John, I'm "pullin for ya".. Sport-Tourer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honda is going to be sorry they let Arron go,
I have been and still am a fan of John K. And I wish there was a way he, Larry and Arron could all run but given all the talk about John not being able to set up the Duke to his riding style and the "Demands" he was "Reported" to have made. Going with Arron is the best choice, he has a style that will go grand on the Duke and I for one cannot wait to see him run. Did I forget to say I was also a big Arron Slight fan as well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am really glad to see that Slight is back on 2 wheels and not going to race cars. I am a honda fan but I have always supported Slight.Pity he had to go to Duacati as in AMA Miguel is my man.I would have liked to see him on a Aprillia in WSB and have him beat the Honda's to show them what a mistake they made.I will follow AMA much closer now. Go Slighty.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Tadyuki Okada (formerly a Honda 500GP rider) took Slight's spot on the Castrol Honda WSC team.

Slight has proven that he can win too, he just never won the WSC Championship. He was a top 2-3 finisher many years when Foggy, Kocinski and others won the title. Anybody that can come back from a brain tumor, and surgery like he did deserves a chance.

From what I read it sounds like Kocinski was being difficult, and not signing a contract until he got exactly what he wanted. Evidently, Ducati (more so than CompAcc) decided that what he wanted was more than what they agreed to in principle, so they cut him loose.

It will be interesting to hear his comments if he makes any.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: WOOHOO!

The company that is running the team, and primary sponsor, Competition Accessories, is located in Ohio (in Springfield, about an hour west of Columbus) in the US. I don't know why that means "Ohio rules", but that is the Ohio connection.

Yeah, Aaron's a New Zealander, I think most of us new that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Miguel = man

If Miguel is your man in the AMA does that make Nicky your boy ? Would Kurtis be your red-headed stepchild ? Or would that relegate the Roberts' youngest to embryo status ? Don't being a Honda fan and supporting Slight go kinda' hand in hand ? I thought it was kind of crappy that Honda didn't renew his contract and brought in Tady Okada to replace him. Like....Okada did something in GP's last year. NOT ! I think alot of the rider choices in WSB and (definitely) GP's has more to do with the riders nationality than it does his skill. I do hope that Slight has a good year though. He deserves it after placing in the top five for so many years in WSB and not winning the crown. tee hee hee

·
Registered
7 Posts
At least I've balls enough not to hide my email address, and yes I did spell Aaron Slight's name wrong. I say I'm a very sorry dip to Mr. Slight, and mean him no offence. He may recall I sent him a card, email via honda and flowers during his hospital stay.

You however Mr. Suicyo, well you can sit on it and spin.

Delivery failed 3 attempts: [email protected]

Original message follows.

Received: from throach [207.231.76.140] by mail.mailstart.com
(SMTPD32-5.05) id AF3B1957007E; Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:11:55 -0800
To: [email protected]
CC:
Subject: Thanks,
Message-Id:
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
content-length: 61

That is the last time I run spell check on a post.

Bob

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Louis Pasteur

Shame mine was offline when I posted the 1st message.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.