Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MotoGP adds Bike makers while WSB loses

Excellent MotoGP does it again, with well defined rules and excellent promotion. WSB better watch out cause MotoGP might just start a 600 class.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
>>GP 125cc class street racing<<

I have spent enough time in Italy and Spain to be pretty familiar with all those young punks terrorizing the streets on their gp replica Aprilia, Gilera, etc 125s -- so I guess it is not too surprising to see a factory introduce REAL gp bikes into the street racing scene ;-)

Seriously, in spite of a press release obviously translated from German by someone relying heavily on a copy of Duden's (publisher of the best German-English dictionaries), this is pretty exciting news. I knew that KTM was planning to enter MotoGP in 2004, but had not heard that they were entering the 125 class as soon as 2003. Snagging Red Bull sponsorship (probably helps that they are both Austrian companies) and Roberto Locatelli as a rider are big coups as well!

Too bad we don't get to see same day TV coverage of the 125s on SpeedTV -- guess I'll have to rely on my vcr and tape the Tuesday showings.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Woo-hoo! One step closer.

Well, golly! They are going to start focusing on building streetbikes! Race on Sunday and sell on Monday. And I am one step closer to getting a sub-250 lb., 60+ rwhp, reliable single cylinder or twin streetbike. Yippeeee! Too bad it won't cost $5k, but it is coming. I'll bet this is the r & d for an onslaught of streetbikes from KTM. Come on, baby! Come to papa. I am seriously considering trading the R1100SBX for a 950 Duke.

Let the second golden age of motorcycling begin. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
KTM is a company that really seems to have really good ideas. The Duke is one of the funnest bikes i've ridden, and the twin Duke looks to be even better. I can't wait to see what other things they do with that V-twin motor. The pure sportbike should be very exciting, do you think they'll be able to get it right on their first attempt?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: US GP Round at homestead

I just saw that on another site as well -- really great! Timing is really right for a resurgance of US fan interest in GP, with several new US riders, a whole bunch of new teams/bikes and what promises to be some very exciting racing.

Since I am in Northern California, I was really hoping the US round would be someplace like Laguna Seca, but I will plan to make the trip to Florida. I have not seen anything about a date, have you?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: Woo-hoo! One step closer.

That V2 Duke looks like one sweet ride, and the early riding impressions I have seen are really tantalizing.

OK so it weighs more than 250 lbs and costs more than $5K, but ya can't always get what ya want.

I have not quite decided what I think of the styling -- I am probably from a different generation from their target audience -- I kinda like it, but it is perhaps more "edgy" than what I prefer -- sorta how I feel about the Aprilia Futura or (on 4 wheels) the new BMW Z4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.