Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
More on Camera stuff:

The N60 is pretty crappy. It's more of a recreational SLR than something for "professional" use. The thing is, when I started shooting about two years ago (with help from photographic guru Mark "Kato" Kariya) it was all I could afford. I've kind of learned my way around the camera and can make it work semi-decently now, though I wish I had better equipment.

Most "real" photogs use Cannon EOS bodies (or similar Nikon equipment) and really nice lenses. These cameras are awesome and almost anybody can shoot decent stuff because of the super-fast auto-focus and the camera's ability in auto mode to set the aperture just perfectly to work with the chosen shutter speed you've selected.

The N60 I use has horrible auto-focus and the internal light-metering sucks in similar fashion, so I have to shoot (like another lens-master, Tom Riles, chooses to do) all manual. The thing is, he's awesome, I just get lucky sometimes.

As for film, most people like to use Velvia which is ASA 50. But because my lenses are pretty crappy and I don't have the flexibility I need, I have to shoot with film that's rated at least ASA 100. This allows me to shoot at decent shutter speeds to work with the relatively high aperture settings to get the correct color saturation/exposure.

In all, I guess the best thing is, as I've been told, to learn your equipment (whatever it is) and make it work as best you can. I've gotten to the point where some of my stuff is good enough to use in print magazines, too. I just shot some stuff for Cycle News the other day, actually, and one of the shots looks like it might even end up on the cover!

Good luck to all shutter-bugs out there. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ron and the guys over at Kush-it-an-i are excellent to deal with. They are very proud of their products and I've never heard of anybody haveing customer service issues with them -- and that's worth a lot!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.