Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Philip Island victory to a twin

What, nobody wants to say anything?

Well, I guess I'll say that I wish I had a satellite dish....

and secondly, is the championship in the bag for Bayliss??

-peter-

·
Registered
24 Posts

I don't think there is anyone who can beat Bayliss this year. He hasn't put a wheel wrong all season and Edwards seems to be the only one who can even stay within sight of him and even then just barely.

What a shame for Haga. I hope he has some better luck than in race 1(without having to resort to pushing Bayliss aside with his elbows).

·
Registered
173 Posts

Is it just me, or are none of the commentators making an issue of the Dunlop decline? The Dunlop riders have shown speed in qualifying, but are unable to keep pace as the race progresses. It seems to me Michelin as well as Bayliss have made the first three races a very one-sided affair.

On another note, Haga is a scrappy little fella, and great fun to watch - I thought I was watching a hockey game when the elbows started to fly. It didn't seem provoked by Bayliss. This behavior may bring excitement to the racing, but should be discouraged. I'd have to say I lost a bit of respect for the bloke...

·
Registered
11 Posts

I am not sure what Nori was thinking when he did that. I thought it was very uncalled for. I am sure he was probably embarrassed and angry with his crash in the first race but that is still no excuse. Even Bayliss looked at him in disbelief. You could almost see the look on his (Bayliss) face thru his helmet. The best part is that Troy still went on to win. 6 in a row is uncanny I have to agree with and say I have lost some respect for Haga as well. I hadn't watched him much until this year and I can see his potential, but he needs to keep his ego/desire in check.

Still waiting for Bostrom to win..... GO BEN!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
All of the Dunlop guys have been suffering this year. Bostrom is the top Dunlop guy and he is in 4th place in the championship. They don't have problems qualifying, it's just sticking with the leaders in the race, so yes, blame the tires.

·
Registered
585 Posts

Aww, that was some great action. Bayliss blocks at times so I guess Haga didn't want to be blocked. No excuse for that though, but it was entertaining. I hope all the Dunlop racers in WSBK and GP get some better tires soon.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hard to say... maybe it's just that the Infostrada guys and the Castrol Honda guys have their act together. There's plenty of riders on Michelins that can't hang with the leaders, either.

It's not yet clear whether it's the teams, the bikes, the riders, or the tires. Hopefully it is just the tires, and Dunlop can produce a competitive tire, and Bostrom and Haga can compete with Bayliss. It'd be nice to see some *racing* at the front near the end of a race... you know, just for a change of scenery.

·
Registered
43 Posts

One of the local (in Australia) comentary team Kevin Magee (you might have heard of him - ex World Superbike and 500GP rider won a bunch of races) suggested that the real reason for the elbows was for Haga to push himself away from Bayliss due to the draft sucking the bikes closer together.
Also Haga didn't crash so much as suffer an engine siezure in the first race.

·
Registered
149 Posts
AMA seems to be where the racing is...

While it certainly seems that both WSB and MotoGP will be completely dominated by single superb riders/bikes/teams, this is racing, the titles are by no means locked up. Colin Edwards has the skill/bike/team to win. The four stroke Suzuki seems to have the faintest glimmer of hope in MotoGP (it did come in second, "only" 1.5 seconds behind). Rossi may yet end up with some competition. On the other hand, AMA seems so far to be the place to see the best racing. Gobert and Hayden are close, as long as there are no injuries, the season should be filled with good racing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
All other things being equal (supposedly), the ONLY difference between Ben's bike and Bayliss' bike is the rubber. If Bayliss is really that much better than Ben, why did Ben smoke Troy in qualifying? Not talking about Superpole either... I think if you look closely at the facts, you'll see that the top Dunlop riders have not been able to keep pace. Haga and Bostrom both have the talent to be front runners, as evidenced in the past. Yeah, I blame Dunlop. Being the typical impressionable consumer, I probably won't be putting Dunlops on my bikes this year. I know, I know - big difference between my riding and race track riding - but as they say, "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.