Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
News Item:

Oxford (Reuterz): The Royal Academy of English and Diction, the English language'z oldest institution of academic research, declared today that the final "s" in most English wordz will now be replaced with "z".

"After exhaustive research and heated, lively debate, we here at the Academy have determined that for the sake of preservation of the Queen'z English, we must get down wif' our homies and represent dis schiznitz to the extreme"

The statement went on for several pagez, becoming increasingly bizzare and unreadable.

Expertz in the English language worldwide have expressed great dismay, as the Academy has long been followed as a template for proper English spelling, diction, and grammer.

Most English news organizationz, textbook publisherz, speechwriterz and other users of written English are expected to follow suit. Reuterz staff spent 14 hourz updating newz archivez and style guidez.

"It'z a disaster." stated Lorraine Alsberry, of George Washington University'z Department of English and Wafflez. "Suddenly, all our rules of syntax and grammer are wrong. And what the hell iz that "z" doing replacing the final "s" anyway? Why does the entire English speaking world have to follow the lead of some anonymouz dyslexic teenager, anyway?"

The Bush administration had no comment on the declaration specifically, but did announce that $14 million will be allocated in the nect fiscal year to modify monuments and plaques owned by the Federal Government, with $4 million being spent on the Vietnam War memorial alone.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think I'll have to the local video store to see this movie. No way am I spending $7.00 per person to see this in the theater. Now then, everyone from LA, NYC, etc tell about how $7/person is cheap. :)

Take care,

Dave

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Maybe this movie will do for motorcyclists what "The Fast and the Furious" did for the streetracers in their Civics with their fartcans.

Since it's a Hollywood product don't go to see it unless you are prepared to see bikers completely misrepresented, oversimplified, stereotyped and ridiculously caricaturized. (Is that an invented word like "atrociteur"?)

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I'll even be in L.A. that night after a business meeting and I still have no desire to go.

I think I'll go up on the roof of "the standard" again and drink expensive drinks and look at trendy girls.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Garbage

Great another thing to bring out more untrained squids onto the streets trying to impress themselves with how fast they go in a straight line, or worse think the streets are for wheelies and stopies.

It's going to be a big hit though, its has Kid rock, so the brain dead youth will flock to see it. Shame that Hollywood only knows how to remake bad movies ( fast and furious, planet of the apes etc), and do not want an original film.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the trailer for this movie. I whispered to my date "this movie is supposed to be about guys like me." She just said "What?"

A movie about sportbikes and not a canyon in sight. What a joke. And if those guys showed up at a sportbike hangout, I figure it would give the Harley Fringe Vest Crowd something to laugh at.

I'd have to be really desperate for a laugh if I even rent this unfortunate misuse of movie budget.

It'll be unpleasant to be grouped with the Uber-Squids represented.

Robin.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Funny, that was exactly my feeling seeing that trailer. "You mean they are not showing all those wonderful canyons road? Just straight-line stupid stunts?" I would have loved a good bike movie, but I don't think this is it.

Giulio

·
Registered
89 Posts
*****. I thought kid rock had more sense than to appear in such a cinematic atrocity. What a pile of wank, can't hardly wait to see the busas flying over jumps at pure-mad-crazy-this-shouldn't be-allowed-speed.

Bring back tom cruise and his infamous penchant for elevated velocity. Someone make a bike movie with curvez.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I can't wait to see this movie. I might fly out to LA with my new arm chaps and porta-pee-pee just to sit in the front row to oooh and ahhh at all the wonderful cinematic splendor. Just to possibly get a glimpse at Kid Rock would be worth the trip alone. And all my generation had was that crappy "On Any Sunday" movie. Sure glad things are better now. See you all in LA!

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
It's the future get used to it.

This fast and furious action movie will make sport bikes more popular than cruisers. At least for the under 35 crowd. Remember these words, in five years cruisers will be a dying breed . Sport and naked bikes like the Speed Triple will rule the road.

XGen Prophet

KPaul

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh my dear Lord in heaven...YOU ARE SO DUMB.

DUMB.

DUMB.

DUMB.

DUMB.

DUMB.

DUMB.

DUMB.DUMB.DUMB.

KPaul, when are you going to realise that:

1: You have no clue what you're talking about.

2: You have no clue what you're talking about.

3: You have no clue what you're talking about.

4: DUMB.

5: You have no clue what you're talking about.

6: You have OMG NOOOOO THE PAIN! MY EYES!

That's the sound I make after clawing my eyes out from reading another of your posts and not being able to handle the strain of having that level of idiocy pumped directly into my cerebral cortex.

It's usually followed by my neighbors in the apartment under me calling the ambluance and telling me to stop banging my head on the wall in futility..."Foxy," they say, "you know he'll never learn! Stop dwelling on it! He can't control it because KPaul doesn't even know it's a problem. By the way, when you're in the hospital, can you pick me up some Percoset?"

PLEASE STOP KPAUL. I WILL SEND YOU MONEY. Please stop.

DUMB.

--The Fox

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dreamworks' real plan.

I'm sure you will be photographed if you go, and that the pictures of motorcycles in the parking lot will be used to show that "Hey, riders are going so it must be real." Be aware you will be used as publicity.

And all I can do is think of the squids causing trouble doing burnouts in the lot.

Five will get you ten that someone dies withing 1 mile of the theatre in an accident, probably while under hard accelleration or wheelieing (sp?).

--The Fox

·
Registered
446 Posts
What is it with you and the rubbing-in of the money/status thing, and the name-dropping of the "I'm an executive" this, and the "hoity-toity hotel" that, and the "I can afford to waste $10 for two ounces of liquor" the other thing?

If you gots da chedda, then more power to you, but there's no need to advertizize your coolness-via-credit-rating to those of us who have to make do without. It's gauche.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Try using your brain

Instead of taking the easy way out calling me names and calling me dumb, try an intelligent response. Is that too tough on you Sgt. Is that why you call yourself the Fox cause you are clever or are you a pretty boy airhead? Why is what I say dumb? Come on show some guts. Take on my agrument don't give up and call me dumb.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.