Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all the hotels in the area are completely sold out so you'll have to commute from afar or camp.

I'll figure it out one way or another!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally lagged on getting a spot. I wasnt sure what my situation was going to be this summer.

Hopefully they'll have some GA camping left over.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I could understand commuting for an hour or so, but GA camping? Commuting from Georgia each day seems like a bit much...

Chango

·
Registered
771 Posts
Interesting, they chose to drop the formula honda race for this event. I thought that was suposed to be the next big racing class.

It would be enlightening to know the politics in the background. Honda/AMA decide that the Daytona 200 is to dangerous for the superbikes, so they use the "mini-superbike" class to run it, yet the GP comes to town and the favorite son series does not get to run.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Go to Salinas- There are a sting of hotels right off the 101 that include a Days Inn. It's pretty easy to find lodging there and its only 30mins away or so. It's worth the drive and the people of Salinas were wonderfully entertaining after dark.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I said she was wonderful (oh, must have forgotten to mention the SHE part) not glowing. Her friend was pretty good, too. According to my Dad. There is a pretty cool Irish bar on town that is worth the time of day if you shoot pool or throw darts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
How Bout WSB at Barber?

With the loss of the World Superbike round at Laguna Seca does it not make sense for Barber to try and get a round of WSB to run in conjunction with the AMA rounds there?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
There is also Gilroy, to the North, also a 1/2 hr away, and Santa Cruz for that matter, is not much of a drive (or ride) either. And the folks is Santa Cruz can be entertaining, even in daylight.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey, I'm up for it...

Depending on what moto I ride down I'll either be sampling chablis and cheeses on Ducati Island or guzzling Old Milwaukees & dippin Copenhagen on the Buell hospitality deck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.