Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I was hoping we'd get the crazy British announcers but instead we got saddled with our own.

Freddie: breathe through your nose for a while! I'm getting a ten minute dissertation on the value of the master link while they are completely missing passes for the lead.

The action on the track is far more important than your (considerable) knowledge.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
A great effort by Nicky.

Very impressive ride for Pedrosa and Melandri guts out another good performance.

A great job by Chris V. and a travesty that the Suzuki failed and robbed him of a podium spot.

Last year, who'd have thouight we'd be a little disappointed by a 4th place for KRJR?

A shame for Rossi. Last year's M1 was by many accounts the equal or maybe slightly better than the Honda. What the hell happened? Even Rossi agrees that theoretically this bike is better in almost every way (espcially with the new chassis)but,in reality, the thing isn't quite fully baked.

·
Registered
328 Posts
During the race, Drebber mentioned their seeming lack of focus on what was being shown - he said they were stuck with the EU television feeds. So, their producer had no input on the shots. If I'd been in Freddy's spot, I'd have gone off on a rant.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Drebber's no longer doing the racing, thank God. The current announcer's name escapes me at the moment.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Last year, who'd have thouight we'd be a little disappointed by a 4th place for KRJR? "

Over the last several races, Junior has quietly become an interesting story.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Go Nickey!!

What a ride for Nickey coming from 6th position at the start to win the race!

And Rossi, what can I say an unbelievable ride from 10 position up to 4th and maybe beyond until that M1 bike broke yet again.

Someone at the MotoGP Yamaha camp should fall on their Samurai Sword and commit Harry Karri for this many mechanical problems in one season!!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Go Nickey!!

A Duc broke during the first WSB race this weekend and the rider kicked his mechanic. On camera.

Those hot-headed Italians.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was on the hill above the big screen at turn 4 and was hoping to see the bikes as they went behind me down the corkscrew. But, after the start about 3 to 4 lap into the race all I saw was commercials for the longest time. Furthermore I felt sorry for those who paid big money to sit in front of that stupid screen. It's not a very good place to see the race from anyway. I'll stop my rant here and pick it up later.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.