Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does it seem like Mladin should be racing elsewhere?

He is a little too fast and experienced for AMA Superbike but would probably get spanked in World Superbike and MotoGp is way out of his league.

Just seems like he rides here so he can win races. Plus, I think he's a ****head.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
KPauls Predictions

Because the weather forcast is for moderate temps and the race starts at 12 not latter during the hottest part of the day, Mladin will win, Yates Second, Bostrom Third. i.e. Tires won't be a problem

The slow death of the V-Twin in racing continues

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Yes, you are correct in your assumption. Really good racers use the AMA racing as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. They test themselves against the world's best, and don't make a career bragging about AMA championships. Kenny Roberts would have won 15 of em if he stayed here, but Mladin is bragging about winning 3.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mladin raced 500 GP's in 1993. He's gone way backwards in classes. We'll see how he hangs with Hodgson and Xaus in WSB at one of his series regular tracks. I am fairly certain that he'd have his ass handed to him by the WSB guys.

Hayden and Hopkins are young and moving up in classes. Mladin's career is winding down and he's going backwards so I don't see how that's relavent. He's just hanging out beating the up and coming stars instead of racing against his peers.

I agree that people like Kenny Roberts or Freddie Spencer would have cleaned house had they stayed in the AMA. Most competetive people WANT to race against the best, not sandbag to win a trophy or title. What a loser.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Defending Mladin Again :)

Just because he is not Spencer or Roberts doesn't mean his riding should not be respected. Every one has a role. Not having an AMA race with Mladin would be crime. His competitiveness can only help sharpen the sword of younger riders. I suspect he race until the end of his current contract and then go back and concentrate on his dealerships in Austrailia. I love his outspokeness about the rules, tracks etc. His riding is terrific.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Defending Mladin Again :)

I don't respect him because he's hanging around to blow his own horn about his race wins and supposed popularity. Real racers want to be the best. He wants to hang around to be a somebody in a nobody league. Is he a good rider? Absolutely. It would be like Hank Aaron never moving up to the major leagues so he could become the all time minor league home run hitter. Big Deal. If you can really hit, go hit with the big boys. If you can't, then stay here and quit blowing your horn. Nicky is on a GP team to be the best. Even if he does average to poorly, he is still racing to be the best. That puts him miles ahead of Mladin, no matter how many wins he gets.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mladin is a weenie...

Mladin is a jerk. He was asked before if he was ever going to step up and he said he didn't believe WSBK or MotoGP were a "step up" in competition. And he was serious. I often wondered why, if this was the way he felt, he never raced in the American WSB races. Now some will say "rules"..but if Mladin REALLY wanted to race those races, Suzuki would make it so. I look forward to seeing him race agaist those guys this weekend. Oh yeah..and remember when Mladin was getting creamed by the Twins last year and he said he thought the rules weren't fair and thought the series name should be chaged to AMASuperbike Twins (even though he rode a twin in the series before)...well now that he's on the hot bike he's telling others "rules is rules..deal with it". Sometimes I think Mladin just whines for the sake of whining.

·
Registered
730 Posts
At this point i dont think WSB is a big step up from AMA.I think Mladin would be competitive;however ,he would struggle in GP.I like him here;it gives us someone to root against and provides good target for Bostroms and Duhamel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ben Bostrom...

What the heck is up with BBoz these days?

I know he's had a rough transition to that Honda, but I really expected that with his WSB experience, he could qualify higher than 8th here...

Maybe he'll move up a few spots from that position once the race starts, but I kinda hoped he might be a front-runner in this one, especially since they're not letting him ride WSB...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mladin sucks

Thanks guys. I knew I couldn't be the only one that thought he was lame.

I guess we'll revisit this post after the weekend and see how well he does against the WSB guys.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.