Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ben Bostrom...

What the heck is up with BBoz these days?

I know he's had a rough transition to that Honda, but I really expected that with his WSB experience, he could qualify higher than 8th here...

Maybe he'll move up a few spots from that position once the race starts, but I kinda hoped he might be a front-runner in this one, especially since they're not letting him ride WSB...

·
Registered
33 Posts
BTW, for those p!ssing and moaning about the unfair restrictors on the WSB Suzukis, note that his and Yates times on the WSB version are virtually identical with those on the AMA bikes, so it looks to me that the restrictors don't really have that much of an impact in final analysis.

I think, though, that if you look at it, it depends on the track. Laguna isn't the fastest track on the circuit.

From my understanding, the air restrictors really come into play on high-speed straightaways... Hence why Hodgson can draft Lavilla way easier than the other way around. Laguna isn't fast enough for draft passing. But the GSXR, even with the restrictors, still has a crapload of low-end power that comes into play on corner exits, which makes it about equal to the 999 on tighter tracks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.