Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
In another life I was a statistical programmer for GEICO. The only number that really tells you anything is incidents (accidents, deaths, whatever) per X miles driven. All the other numbers are just fluff. However, you also have to tie the numbers to the cause of the accidents. The alleged 12% increase in motorcycle fatalities and (I assume) the increase in motorcycle injuries also include things like the death caused by the jerk from South Dakota (where many of you MOrons went anyway this month), the idiot who caused my crash in January and left the scene and the many folks who keep getting away with killing us. Would like to see how the motorcycle fatalities/injuries were broken down by cause. Unfortunatly many cops will put down speed as a reason for a crash, no matter what on many cases so the numbers are automatically squewed against us. (Car idiot left turns bike, but bike appeared to be going too fast for conditions on a bright dry day, you know the drill). Raw numbers are just about the worst thing you can use for these stats, but that is what is published as they are so damned dramatic to the media and safety whiners...Never forget, the other name for statistics is lies.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.