Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"We credit much of this success to increased law enforcement and passage of key anti-drunk driving laws across the country," said Lynne Goughler, vice president of advocacy group, Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

In a press release today Drunks Against Mad Mothers (DAMM), a group that opposes MADD, says that MADD's claims are unscientific, unproven by any facts and just plain silly. "We intend to publish our own studies which prove the ineffectiveness of the .08 legal limit as soon as happy hour is over and we can find the car keys that were last seen in Joe's hands when he was stuffing dollar bills in Tiffany's bra." announced DAMM's Hollywood Chapter President, Nick Nolte.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seriously

Higher gas prices leading to less driving over the past few months might have more to do with it than some mystical penumbra cast by magic spells... er, I mean legislation?

Ya think?

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Impossible.

Miles can't be up. Higher fuel prices automatically translate into lower miles travelled. It is gospel truth as divinely received by algore and the Sierra Club.

How does the govt figure miles driven anyhow? Do they have secret transponders installed in all cars and monitored by black helicopters?

I shouldn't joke. Oregon is actually considering a law that would require all cars to be fitted with such a monitoring device so that all owners can be taxed each year for miles driven in addition to all the current taxes.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Old Fart

You're an old fogey now. 10-15 HP may have been enough for a beginner in 1965 but today they call 70 HP bikes like the SV650 "beginner's bikes".

A recently talked a 35 year old friend of mine, who hadn't ridden in 15 years, into picking up a used GS500E to refamiliarize himself... and doing a safety training course also. At first he sat on my GSX1100G and said "I can handle this". Right. A beginner on a 600 lb 100 HP bike. Sure. Anyhow I convinced him to pick up a nice yellow GS500. Nice bike. I'd like to own one myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.