Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love the overblown language of a PR flack for whom English is clearly not a native language. That's a whole lotta adjectives! As to the bike, well, it's kinda weird looking. That taillight looks like my cat's ass after he's done licking it clean. Not sure I'd like to look at that very much...

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's like the Honda NAS, only ugly!

That press release was really too much. Did it sound that absurd in Italian, I wonder? I actually searched for the phrase "legendary Italian electrics" just to make sure it wasn't some kind of spoof.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Phew!

Well at least it doesnt come with a 60 degree Rotax V-Twin.............D'oh!

I must point out that I posted a comment about the Fischer saying at least they weren't calling it the new Laverda and then this article comes out.

Claire Voyant

·
Registered
34 Posts
Okay, so the press hype make the thing sound good, but what will it really do? Is it a Larverda? I know that Laverda used twins, but a V-Twin... And here I thought that the last bike Laverda was working on was a triple... I had myself near talked into a Formula back when, then Aprilia bought them and they were not sure if I could even get parts for one. Am I rambling? I guess so. I just want the Marque back, and if it takes making a Aprilia clone to do so, well, I guess that is what it takes. Now, will we see the return of the 750? Yeah, the 750 is a niche market, But with the new Super Bike rules, who really cares? The Twin just might be out anyway. Here in America, that is what seems to sell bikes anyway. Look at all the RC51's that are out there.

Whew.

Okay, it's a cool looking bike. Let's see if it comes to America with a vengence in numbers that are affordable.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Phew!

I'm pretty disappointed too. I was hoping for a 1 liter parallel twin. That would be pretty cool. I think even the flowery copy writers for Laverda recognized that the Rotax mill was a letdown. They buried that detail more than half the way into the press release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not current Rotax engine?

This does not look to me like the current RSV Mille engine - for example that engine has two spark plugs per cylinder, whereas this one has only one spark plug per cylinder. I think this is the new Rotax V60 engine that has been designed to replace the current engine. It is supposed to be lighter and smaller. Can anyone confirm? MO?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, I'd llike to get one but I'm sure they'll be 20K+, if and when the hit this side of the Atlantic.

I reallly, really liked the 750 they made but never had the guts, or the money to get one. Now I've got second mortgage money!

p.s.

maybe the new Vincent should change their power plant supplier to Rotax. Just a thought.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Press Release: Bob per costruirlo un motorsickle

Bob, un certo tipo che vive giù laggiù, sta progettando costruirlo un motorsickle un momento presto. Il motorsickle è descritto dalle fonti vicino a Bob come avendo le rotelle, una struttura e certo genere di motore. Bob è stato coinvolgere pesante nei motorsickles per gli anni, in primo luogo guidanti uno all'età di dodici. Ha continuato a comprare uno all'età di 37 ed ora ha messo oltre 1200 miglia su esso durante 16 anni della proprietà. Gli accreditamenti tecnici del Bob includono 32 anni dei distributori automatici d'assistenza della soda di esperienza e 3 semestri di metallo acquistano all'università della Comunità de Akron. È considerare come il vol-pescatore più fine in 4 contee. Anche se i fornitori ancora non sono stati scelti per fornire elettrico, la sospensione, le rotelle, il gruppo motopropulsore o i componenti del telaio, Bob lo conosce desidera la bici avere mandarino-si sfaldano vernice come ha visto in una copia "dei partiti di Biker" che ha visto ad un deposito di liquore locale. Bob finora si è alzato oltre 1,1 cento dollari del capitale di investimento. La produzione è prevista per cominciare martedì prossimo, se il cugino Norville del Bob prende il suo EL Camino che è stato nel garage del Bob dall'ultima estate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As a former owner of a Laverda RGA Jota 1000 (customized to look like an RGS), I always felt that the marque was "a sport bike for big men". My Jota was very large, very fast and very beautiful. The new SFC appears to be 2/3 of what my Jota was. The pictures give no sense as to how large it is, or if it's even appropriate for "big men" (I'm 6'4" and 225 lbs of speed and romance). No matter, you have a winner here. I expect you to sell every one you produce. I'm making room in my garage, just in case.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Prestige mechanics make the Laverda SFC 1000 a truly exclusive machine.

Are the mechanics delivered in a limousine after Finishing School?

The Laverda story reached its peak in the sixties and seventies with the 750 SFC sports twins that in competition form won unforgettable victories in the massacring endurance races of the day.

Did they really? I forgot.

Very little plastic is used, leaving pride of place to aluminium, titanium and carbon components.

You can see all those litle bits puffing their little chests out.

Its unmatched technical and stylistic prestige is emphasised by the fact that the SFC 1000 will only be made in a few hundred numbered examples.

As opposed to the rest of us who have to be satisfied with motorcycles that don't have serial numbers.

Acceleration is therefore at unbeatable, but even more exceptional is the control with which the SFC powers out of bends.

I am at wit's end. Usually you get out of the bends in a decompression chamber. Deep sea divers will love this bike!

The rigorously single seat SFC delivers exhilarating muscle but in a magnetically attractive form.

Too easy.

It is pure style, technology and exhilaration rolled into one and combines an exceptional chassis with the best twin cylinder engine there is for an absolutely unrivalled ride.

Modesty is not an Italian trait apparently.

The Italians try very hard, but they can't top the Japanese as you can see at www.engrish.com

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Press Release: Bob per costruirlo un motorsickle

That's really funny!

Bob kicks ass. I'm sure his new motorcycle is going to rule. Where can I purchase Bob merchandise?

·
Registered
242 Posts
fawning language of press release

Sheesh! All that slobbering and drooling language in the press release makes me want to hurl! You'd think it was the Second Coming. I think Laverda's marketing department is having sex with their prototype machines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but is this bike FUGLY or what! Other than a classic name, what's better about this bike than an Aprilla? I think sometimes the manufacturers are trying to capitalize on a classic name, without paying any attention to what made the original machine desirable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hope you're a rider of old Triumphs not of the new Hinckley breed to be slinging shots about styling around. I wouldn't accuse Triumph's lineup of being FUGLY so much as bland (Speed quattro or whatever the 600 is called is an exception - that is truly hideous) I personally like the Laverda and the PR copy is a crack up. The trick is to stop reading before the gag reflex kicks in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They shoulda teamed up with MZ to develop and use the new MZ parallel twin. It would have been much truer to previous Laverdas. Although, keep in mind, that one of the last Laverda models that was either produced or at least shown in prototype form was the Lynx, utilizing the SV 650 V-twin, with a similar frame design to this new bike--trellis front, cast rear. Interesting bike, but just like the Fisher bike, wake me when they develop a proprietary engine... a supercharged 750 twin would certainly have been more appropriate...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.