Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 83' Honda Magna V65 1100cc. Have rebuilt the carburetors using upgraded fuel fuel cross lines, gaskets, jets, floats. Cleaned the fuel system inside and out. Pulled the rear half of the bike and cleaned the reserve tank. Pulled the carbs no less than 6 times after ever leak.

Keeps leaking from carb 3. Have been bench synced, adjusted floats, no gasket issues, no clogs, smoking or popping sounds. New everything related to fuel like O rings, carb boots and every possible needle and worn screw. I am at a loss at this point as to why I can not find out what is happening. Please advise.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just replaced the float for the second time with a new one as the first one had a leak and sank.Tested the floats to be good now. It's possible the bowl sealing edge is warped though. Maybe use gasket sealer to get a better seal? Appears the gas is coming from above the carb near the overflow, but also along the bottom. Can't tell exactly where it's starting because once it does, it drains down like a funnel off the bottom.

· Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
I don't like to use RTV or excessive amounts of gasket sealer on carbs.
I wonder if flour would stick to the outside of the carb........to allow you to SEE where the leak is starting ??

Also some air directed at it might evaporate the "trail" so you can see the spot of the leak where it should stay wet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts