Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
led stays on on my 2002 gixxer 1000 so i brought it in and they did some tests and said i need a new emc com. mod and something else. they told me to start with a new 900.00dollar com. part which i got off of ebay 4 89.00 dollars. well it didnt work so my question is what do the codes c 28 ,c 46 stand for?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
led stays on on my 2002 gixxer 1000 so i brought it in and they did some tests and said i need a new emc com. mod and something else. they told me to start with a new 900.00dollar com. part which i got off of ebay 4 89.00 dollars. well it didnt work so my question is what do the codes c 28 ,c 46 stand for?
c28 = Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator (STVA)
c46 = Exhaust Control Valve Actuator (EXCVA)

Obviously, since the FI light is on and these sensors don't work, I would guess that the ECU and these sensors need to be replaced. You can get the codes yourself if you put the ECU in 'Dealer Mode'. Your manual will show you how to do that. If you don't have a manual, go here:
gixxermods

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow, kudos longride.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Getting the bike in 'Dealer Mode' and seeing the codes and looking them up is important for anyone getting their bike fixed. Even if you can't fix it yourself, you will know if the dealer is less than honest in his estimate of your problem.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Buying used electrical parts (like an engine control module) for motorcycles off ebay is, well, a crap shoot.

I have a slightly used Lucas Ziener Diode that you might be interested in...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Buying used electrical parts (like an engine control module) for motorcycles off ebay is, well, a crap shoot.

I have a slightly used Lucas Ziener Diode that you might be interested in...
Don't be silly, people take expensive electrical componants that work fine off their bikes and sell them on ebay all the time...................

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
It's not any more far-fetched than getting an engine or any other part. It could be a good deal off a totaled bike - or a useless piece of junk.
BIG SEVEN, CAMON BIG SEVEN, YEAH BABY..BIG SEV...crap...snake eyes...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Who needs Ebay when you've got Bill's Boneyard? Two whole acres of Japanese junk. I'm such a good customer he lets me take stuff for free sometimes. It's amazing how many bikes there are that are in perfect shape except for a smashed fork.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
We had a similar place around here but over the years it evolved into all new aftermarket parts and accessories and hammered used bikes for sale. Too bad

·
Registered
872 Posts
We had a similar place around here but over the years it evolved into all new aftermarket parts and accessories and hammered used bikes for sale. Too bad
They Lynnwood Bent Bike is slightly better, but you're right, it has changed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.