Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read Classic Bike and Bike from England and Rider, Motorcycle Consumer News and The Horse-Backstreet Choppers from here. I also have a sub for Cycle World I got for x-mas though I usually just flip through it.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Let's see: Subs to Cycle World, Rider, Motorcyclist, The Horse, and of course I get the AMA and HOG publications. Getting pretty tired of the mags these days though. I think The Horse is becoming my favorite.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Soupa' Squidbike (Super Streetbike), Motorcyclist, and Roadracing World.

Barely read any of them anymore, I'm letting all of them lapse (well, MIGHT keep RRW).

The squidboy mag I just got 'cuz my friend with the nosering and funny haircut used to be the Heditor, and it's important to support your friends in all their endeavours. (the pics of barely-covered t!tties din't hurt none, either)

Now, Double-A is back at Motorcyclist, which I've got a sub to for another two years anyway.............. (it was a GIFT!)

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like The Horse, I've been keeping my eye out for a wrecked Hinkley Bonneville, mine isn't stock but the work I've done on it is suspension and performance, not looks. I want to build a rat-bobber for a play bike.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Bike and Motorcyclist although I'm getting sick of both of them.

·
Registered
956 Posts
More of the Same

Motorcyclist, Cycle World, American Motorcyclist, Rider, MCN and I think I left one out. Guess how many featured the Multistrada in the past couple of months? There's little good bits in all of them along with portions that never get read.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I don't read a single paper magazine. I'm sick of all of them. EVEN Peter Egan's column. But then, I ride stuff like old CB-1s and Nortons and 599s and 1964 Bonnies and Honda CB350s and Guzzi V-65SPs that no one else rides, much less writes about. Well, maybe people write about the Nortons and Triumphs, but eh, there's only so much you can read about them!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I'm with you. I gave up on the print mags in the US. All are simply cheerleaders for the manufacturers. Of course my last subscription was to Road Rider many years ago. They were the last mag I saw that actually rode bikes for long miles and told the truth about them, good and bad.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Cycle World Adventures

I've never been huge on reading the mags as they begin to be like the gun magazines, they all kind of talk about the same things and most of the stuff I've already run across previously online.

The one mag I really enjoyed was Cycle World Adventures. No reviews, just traveling with a bike. It comes out (or came out if it's still running) once a year. And the great thing was it was travel from all over the world and a lot of "off the beaten path" stuff. I loved it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I read Classic Bike and Bike from England and Rider, Motorcycle Consumer News and The Horse-Backstreet Choppers from here. I also have a sub for Cycle World I got for x-mas though I usually just flip through it.
Lets see...Motorcyclist,Cycle world,Cycle News,Vintage Views,Dirt Rider,Rider,Iron Horse, The Horse and the new US classic bike mag(cant think of its name!) regular subscriptions. I also occassionally buy Racerx,the 2 brit Classic mags,VMX,American iron,etc if Im in a store and the mood hits me. Oh,cant forget HOG and The Enthusiast,though i could do without both. id subscribe to Racerx and VMX but my wife has "laid down the law".Course she laid down the law on bikes 2 bikes ago but I figger I better let her win one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rider and MCN are the only two I've kept subscriptions up on.
Rider because of the ride stories and MCN for what I see as the best new product reviews.Seems the rest are mostly factory cheerleaders.

Soonerstan

·
Banned
110 Posts
Bike (UK), Sportsrider, and Cycle World and a missed opportunity

• Sportsrider, Motorcyclist, Cycle World, and American Motorcyclist (AMA).
  • Used to get Bike form the U.K. it was a gift from my dad.. I forgot to renew. It's pricey but it's the Playboy of Bike mags i.e. it has the best pictures..and is beautifully put together.
  • Bike is my favorite, Sports Rider is second, and Cycle World third.
  • If Burns has a article in Cycle World it quickly becomes my favorite. Hope Gabe gets a shot at the print version..
  • Sports Rider editor Kent K. is my favorite expert in Sportbikes.. He doesn't hold anything back...
  • Cycle World Online is getting much better..Watch out MO..
  • If Motorcycle Daily added a reader feedback section it would be a major force..Think the Edge's are missing an opportunity there..

·
Registered
8 Posts
After reading the standard mags (e.g. CW, Motorcyclist, Rider, etc.) for a few years I got a little bored with them. Pretty much the same ol' same ol'. I spend most of my time on forums specific to my bike/manufacturer or moto forums for my neck of the woods. I go to Internet sites like MO, MCUSA, Motorcycledaily, etc. for the kind of stuff I used to read mags for. Webzines are more interesting because the editors, writers, etc can get away with more colorful writing and aren't so limited in space like the rags are.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Trail Rider
Rider
Motorcycle Classics

Try them. they are a bit off the beaten path, as far as mags go.

Also subscribe to:
Cycle News
CW
Motorcyclist
Dirt Bike
Dirt Rider
Performance bikes
Thumper news

Just to keep up.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You don't need to....

Trail Rider
Rider
Motorcycle Classics

Try them. they are a bit off the beaten path, as far as mags go.

Also subscribe to:
Cycle News
CW
Motorcyclist
Dirt Bike
Dirt Rider
Performance bikes
Thumper news

Just to keep up.
.... subscribe to Cycle world. All the manufacturers have their own websites. You can get all those press releases for free.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If I had to narrow it down to two it would be BIKE and The Horse-Back Street Choppers. BIKE for the excellent writing and Brit point of view and Back Street Choppers because it features the type of home built bobbers and chops that I like.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.