Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
American Iron for HD stuff. Donny Peterson is great, he beats the crap out of HD almost every issue. The rest is ok...

Cycle World and Motorcyclist for a couple of the regular contributors and the new products/bikes info.

Motorcycle Classics because they focus on cool Euro/Japanese bikes from the 60's and 70's.

Motorcycle.com every frikin day at GE because of the fabulous crew of regulars! (I love you guys, no really, in a manly, motorcyclist sort of way.)

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
In other words......

American Iron for HD stuff. Donny Peterson is great, he beats the crap out of HD almost every issue. The rest is ok...

Cycle World and Motorcyclist for a couple of the regular contributors and the new products/bikes info.

Motorcycle Classics because they focus on cool Euro/Japanese bikes from the 60's and 70's.

Motorcycle.com every frikin day at GE because of the fabulous crew of regulars! (I love you guys, no really, in a manly, motorcyclist sort of way.)
... you're going on vacation with sarnali?

·
Registered
323 Posts
If I could revive this thread from the dead, I subscribe to Rider, American Rider, Motorcycle Consumer News, Ride Texas Magazine, and Motorcyclist. I like Clem Salvadori, and I get his writing in both Rider and American Rider. Motorcycle Consumer News is no nonsense and no advertising. Ride Texas helps me find great places to ride in Texas (not that I have any trouble on my own). Motorcyclist, just hasn't been the same since Burns left. Yeah, I know, ancient history, but Burns is the reason I subscribed in the first place. Now it seems like they are re-inventing the magazine every quarter or so. Glad to see Aaron Frank is back.

On another note, does it bother anyone else that they send you a renewal notice almost immediately after you subscribe? And they play up "renew now to insure you don't miss an issue". >:-(

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
If I could revive this thread from the dead, I subscribe to Rider, American Rider, Motorcycle Consumer News, Ride Texas Magazine, and Motorcyclist. I like Clem Salvadori, and I get his writing in both Rider and American Rider. Motorcycle Consumer News is no nonsense and no advertising. Ride Texas helps me find great places to ride in Texas (not that I have any trouble on my own). Motorcyclist, just hasn't been the same since Burns left. Yeah, I know, ancient history, but Burns is the reason I subscribed in the first place. Now it seems like they are re-inventing the magazine every quarter or so. Glad to see Aaron Frank is back.

On another note, does it bother anyone else that they send you a renewal notice almost immediately after you subscribe? And they play up "renew now to insure you don't miss an issue". >:-(
My Mom had to fake her own death to get Reader's Digest to stop her subscription.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I get four through the mail: Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Motorcycle Cruiser and RoadRunner.

I occasionally pick up Biker, EasyRider, Iron Horse and whatever else may catch my attention.

RoadRunner is a great magazine. They do road test on bikes but the major focus is on the ride. They chronicle rides all over the U.S. and overseas and provide small maps of the routes.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Wait a goddam minute here, I paid for the espresso machine!!
And the ice cube trays, I get home and the ice cube trays are gone from the freezer! what kind of sick bytch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer??

·
Registered
901 Posts
I subscribe to MCN because it has the most comprehensive bike test specifications reports; no one else even comes close. Two Wheel Tuner because I'm into sportbikes and their customization possibilities. AMA and Honda because it's part of the membership. Cycle World because it has comprehensive coverage (not the insurance kind) and because it's so darn cheap. And Rider because, well I figured for $12/year I'd give it a try. But I'm not sure I'll renew that one.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I get four through the mail: Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Motorcycle Cruiser and RoadRunner....

<remainder snipped>
!! Warning: temporary thread hijack !!

Nice Road Glide you got there, love the color. Assuming that's yours, looks nice with the full tourpak setup and the engine guard fairings (whatever they're called).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm surprised to see so few Motorcycle Consumer News subscribers. No advertising, and they really feel like the only mag not just shilling for the manufacturers. I also get Rider and Motorcyclist, but don't think I'll renew.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Wait a goddam minute here, I paid for the espresso machine!!
And the ice cube trays, I get home and the ice cube trays are gone from the freezer! what kind of sick bytch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer??
I'm taking the kids and going to Mom's. Call me if you ever sober up.

PS: I kicked your bike over in the garage. Gas is leaking. HAHAHAHAHA

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I'm surprised to see so few Motorcycle Consumer News subscribers. No advertising, and they really feel like the only mag not just shilling for the manufacturers. I also get Rider and Motorcyclist, but don't think I'll renew.
I think most here subscribe to MC mags just to read about motorcycles, but take what the test riders say with a grain of salt. It's nice to get a general opinion of what these bikes are like, but no magazine (cept MO!) will influence my purchase of any bike in any way. I will go test ride the bikes I am interested in, and make that decision alone. I read the mags more for entertainment value rather than sound advice. Let's face it, no matter how 'objective' some people may be, or seem, we all put our personal preferences and prejudices onto everything we touch.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm taking the kids and going to Mom's. Call me if you ever sober up.

PS: I kicked your bike over in the garage. Gas is leaking. HAHAHAHAHA
Good, you and that looney should get along fine, you can tell her what a **** I am when you pull up in the new car I just bought you

p.s. tryn' keep your dad away from the kids, they're f***d up enough already

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I used to work with this guy, had something like this happen to him. He related to me that, he came home one day, the front door was wide-open and smoke was POURING out of the house. Thinking only that something had happened to his Wife, he rushed-in blindly. Much to his surprise, he was tripped and fell flat on his face just inside the door (first clue something was "not quite right").

She (or one of the boyfriends that helped her) had driven spikes deeply into the wall, and stretched a rope across the doorway between them. This was after they'd stripped every single thing out of the house - including ALL of his clothes and personal belongings. The smoke was from the woodburning stove - they'd removed a section of the pipe on the way out - as a literal smokescreen. The new sedan he'd bought was in the garage (the only thing - all his tools and shyte GONE), but they'd removed the wheels and tires, and the drivers-seat.

He found the "Dear John" letter in the kitchen when he was searching for the phone to call the Police, when it dawned on him - OMFG! THE BANK ACCOUNTS!

Cleaned out.

The previous day.

Over $25,000 in 1984 money......

When he had finished relating all this (we were both working ~$6/hr jobs in '91), I asked "WHY did you ever marry this woman in the FIRST place?" (she was 10 years his senior)

"Ah, she had big T*ts, and that really impressed me."

Meh.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Good, you and that looney should get along fine, you can tell her what a **** I am when you pull up in the new car I just bought you

p.s. tryn' keep your dad away from the kids, they're f***d up enough already
Leave Dad out of this you BASTARD! You know he was never convicted...it was all a bunch of lies from those druggie kids down the street!

PS: All the Visa and M/C cards are maxed out. The kids love the new Wii, and Mom says thanks for the new 47" 1080p tv.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Leave Dad out of this you BASTARD! You know he was never convicted...it was all a bunch of lies from those druggie kids down the street!

PS: All the Visa and M/C cards are maxed out. The kids love the new Wii, and Mom says thanks for the new 47" 1080p tv.
He was never convicted because of who's lies????????

"why yes officer, he is studying to be a bovine proctologist, he had his pants and boxers off so they wouldn't get soiled while he was on his knees taking notes"....Jeasus spare me, I swear....

p.s. have fun with those cards, they're the ones your brother gave me....I hope you signed them nice and neat so they can read your name.

p.p.s. Your sister says hi,

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
He was never convicted because of who's lies????????

"why yes officer, he is studying to be a bovine proctologist, he had his pants and boxers off so they wouldn't get soiled while he was on his knees taking notes"....Jeasus spare me, I swear....

p.s. have fun with those cards, they're the ones your brother gave me....I hope you signed them nice and neat so they can read your name.
PS on yourself, Buttwipe. Speaking of which, that burning and itching you've been talking about? You may want to aak the pool boy what he did to clear it up...I'm pretty sure that's where it came from. Or the lawn crew. Or the gas station guy. Or your brother. Or your Dad.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Youse guys are disturbing the board too much now. Time to settle down. I want you each get a piece of paper and write on both sides "How to keep an idiot busy all day. Turn this page over for the answer." Now study it. There will be a test next week.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.