Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Youse guys are disturbing the board too much now. Time to settle down. I want you each get a piece of paper and write on both sides "How to keep an idiot busy all day. Turn this page over for the answer." Now study it. There will be a test next week.
You always take HIS side. Stay out of this or I'll be telling little Miss Zawa about that trip to Daytona.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Youse guys are disturbing the board too much now. Time to settle down. I want you each get a piece of paper and write on both sides "How to keep an idiot busy all day. Turn this page over for the answer." Now study it. There will be a test next week.
Well I'm sure that'll keep SOMEONE busy around here for awhile..............if they can keep their pants on long enough to WRITE it

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You always take HIS side. Stay out of this or I'll be telling little Miss Zawa about that trip to Daytona.
Oh yeah now you want to drag our friends into this !!!!!!!! you know how drunk he was, besides we all thought it was a girl too! it's too bad YOU couldn't shave that close once in awhile!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I subscribe to Motorcycle Consumer News, Cycle World, Sportbike, Motorcyclist, BMW Owner’s News (comes with the membership), and Motorcycle Online. Motorcycle-related stuff makes up about 90% of my recreational reading, and I read most of the print mags cover to cover.

I prefer reading paper magazines to on-line stuff – the old codger in me likes to hold something in his hands and flip through pages. But I’m starting to hate Motorcyclist because their new format uses lots of low-contrast lettering that plays the devil with my aging eyeballs. If they don’t change back to something I can read without floodlights I’ll drop them when renewal time comes around.

I used to love MO, and I’m trying my best to like the new format, but I think it’s unlikely that I’ll renew my subscription. I still haven’t figured out what I get for my buck a month that I can’t get for free. Does anybody else think they took a really great on-line enthusiasts magazine and turned it in to doo-doo?

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I used to love MO, and I'm trying my best to like the new format, but I think it's unlikely that I'll renew my subscription. I still haven't figured out what I get for my buck a month that I can't get for free. Does anybody else think they took a really great on-line enthusiasts magazine and turned it in to doo-doo?
Well, I don't! :cool: At the risk of hijacking this thread, what would you guys suggest us MO guys do to improve the site? (Please don't suggest going back to the old version of the site!) Since June, we've delivered a new bike test every week, and we've got coverage of most of the big events. What's missing, What would you like to see more of?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Well, I don't! :cool: At the risk of hijacking this thread, what would you guys suggest us MO guys do to improve the site? (Please don't suggest going back to the old version of the site!) Since June, we've delivered a new bike test every week, and we've got coverage of most of the big events. What's missing, What would you like to see more of?
Actually Kduke, I think MO is better than ever (at least since the two or three years I've been here).

I feel my patience with MO-two-oh's "growing pains" has been amply rewarded. I figure that I'll probably "re-up" when my current subscription expires. You and Pete (and Yossef, and the myriad other in-front-of and behind-the-scenes people!) have done well. Especially considering what must have been quite a daunting task set before you - "Reinvent MO: but keep it within the 'Spirit' of the Old MO".

Goodonya.

MY only complaint is the clunkiness of the forum, but there's really nothing to be done about that. I really have made an effort to "like" it, but it seems all I'm ever going to do is accept it. This is coming from a confirmed forum-hater.

The old MO forum was the only one I've ever used that I actually sorta "liked" - everything was on one page, a conversation thread could be easily followed by merely scrolling-down through the "tree". The "composite" thread-tree layout we have now just isn't quite the same.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Oh yeah - I still have a subscription to Motorcyclist - but it's been like April or May since I picked an issue up - partly because of my schedule, partly because MO is doing such a good job.

One last thing on the "forum" subject - I dislike MO's forum, but I dislike the forums over at CycleWorld and Motorcyclist more - and not because a certain Seattle Crackhead inhabits one or more of them. They use the standard "VBB-Board" or whateverthefeckitis software, and it plain sucks.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Dang, that new....

Oh yeah - I still have a subscription to Motorcyclist - but it's been like April or May since I picked an issue up - partly because of my schedule, partly because MO is doing such a good job.

One last thing on the "forum" subject - I dislike MO's forum, but I dislike the forums over at CycleWorld and Motorcyclist more - and not because a certain Seattle Crackhead inhabits one or more of them. They use the standard "VBB-Board" or whateverthefeckitis software, and it plain sucks.
.... rope is so scratchy.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.