Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cool, I would do them, if I had the money

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm all for freedom and excitement. Why can't the highway patrol guys have a day off some time? Down here in NZ it is all getting a bit too regulated these days with too many highway patrol cars and speed cameras in action.

Cheers

Merv.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nature weeds out the stupid remember.. :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Merv, Hate to say it (and live it) but the home of the free isn't. Many of our Cops need to ticket people to pay their salary, a win/win situation for Government and Insurance companys, the only victims being US citizens. Now that we've killed thousands to get Sadam and Osama (we got them right?) maybe we'll get our liberties back right? (lol). Read Alan Shermans "The rape of the A.P.E." and know what I think.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
amazing, the stuff these guys and others do is incredible, probably gives a "responsible motorcyclist" image a resounding kick in the balls but impressive none the less. And a darn good way to chlorinate the gene pool. Hopefully these boyz will move on to bigger and better things before they do too much more damage to the image of sportbiking. Since HD went the " doctors, lawyers and blue-collar workers, one big happy family" media route sportbikes have turned into the rebel's without a clue. This kind of ***** isn't helping.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ho Hum. I'm from Long Island, and this is just more stupidity. I crack up when I see these idiots in their still shots. There's some moron in there doing wheelies in shorts. I couldn't tell if he had tattoos or scars on his legs . I have no respect for these guys whatsoever. They do it all wrong. You want to do this stunt *****, do it in parking lots, not on public roads where someone else can get hurt (Screw the stunters, if they kill, cripple or maim themselves, it's their own fault.) They never wear proper riding gear, I mean look at these photo's These fools are wearing shorts and T-Shirts with $400 helmets! Damn, save us all the embarrasment and just wear nothing on your heads. At least then when you go down, you'll make good organ donors instead of vegetables.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hypocrisy Extreme

My first instinct is to look down my nose at these guys ... folks who are too dumb to cover their own asses appropriately and who take their tricks to Main St. where kiddies, oldsters, and kittens teeter dangerously in the mix.

But who the hell am I to talk? I love ripping a wheelie just as much as cruising an empty mountain road or knocking seconds off my pathetic track times. It's all part of motorcycling ... it's an appreciation of the machine and how you interact with it. Sure, these guys are idiots, but you have to appreciate the fact that they have skills and abilities that you and I will never approach.

Some may rationalize these stunts away as testosterone-induced stupidity, teen angst, or post-punk nihilism (and they might even be right), but the fact is these guys are simply amping up the same love we all have for motorcycles, freedom, horsepower, and psychotropic drugs (optional). More power to 'em, especially if they keep the cops occupied while my buddies and I scoot out to more covert back roads at moderately indecent speeds.

And, c'mon. These guys are no more shaping the Image of Motorcycling than Vin Diesel is shaping the Image of Automobiling (or Bad Acting). Sure, some people take their cue from this kind of stuff, but by and large the Masses draw their impressions from who they see every day, and that's you and me.

The extreme riders are the 1% of the 1% ... i.e. a handful of guys who stand out like a canker sore on a Nun. The cops in their areas know who they are, and most aren't going to pull over Joe RUBbie on his Fat Bob Heritage Softspring Classic (with fringed saddle bags), or even Kip Squid on his Race Rep GIXulater 1000 SV-R Special Edition (with leopard-skin tank bra), if they're riding within the realm of sanity and wearing regular gear.

If you don't like these hooligan antics, the best thing you can do is ignore it. Take a lesson from 2Live Crew and all the other no-talent hacks who have made millions simply because some overly-righteous moron got their panties in a wad. Nothing drives sales like overwrought do-gooders drawing attention to something (seemingly) rebellious.

·
Registered
878 Posts
yet more of the same thing

The boat and plane sections of this particular video notwithstanding, hasn't everybody gotten bored of this stunt crap yet? I bought Las Vegas Xtreme about 3 1/2 years ago, and when I saw Urban Assault, and every single subsequent sportbike video, it was simply more of the same crap. I can only watch so many guys stand on their tanks or do wheelies with their legs over the windscreen before I am bored out of my mind.

This whole stunt fad was fun for about 20 minutes. Now it's just lame. Why can't I ever see them going around a fast corner scratching pegs? Oh wait, I forgot, they don't know how to go around a corner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, it's really cool when guys drag race down a suburban street. Not so cool for the 6 year-old on a bicycle, though.

We may already be over-governed, but when it comes to safety, there should be someone at then helm with more responsibility than greed. This stuff just encourages people to go punch holes in the back of their skulls trying wheelies they saw on the screen while risking the lives of others along the way. Safety First!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: yet more of the same thing

I guess I'm not the only one who is bored to death by the stupid "Freestyle" motorcycle jumping competitons. Yawn. How many times can you stand watching the same people doing the same stunts over and over and over and over..... and then having a winner of a freakin' motorcycle competition chosen by some freakin' judges?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: yet more of the same thing

Disclaimer* The following is a comment from Sean's gut and does not reflect the official editorial opinion of Motorcycle.Com

If you smoke a lot of pot, are waiting for that last tatoo to heal and your pit bull just died in a professional dog-fight, you might find another Freestyle event to be just the ticket for picking up a new strung-out girlfriend to take your mind off things.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Hypocrisy Extreme

Wow, someone who actually put thought into their post instead of a strictly emotional response. Impressive.

These guys use the same tactic that Eminem does- ***** off a small but outspoken portion of society so thoroughly that they whine about it to the rest of society. The majority then focuses their attention on that small group to see what the ruckus is all about. If no one talks about these extreme guys for a few years, they will go away, just like 2LiveCrew and Ice T.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.