Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be doing the Reserve Drill weekend thing.

If my darling wife screws up the VCR settings, I won't be worth living with for a good while!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Even I won't ***** about speed all the time.

Since speed took over the broadcasting rights to the D200 (was it espn that had it before?) they've done a bang up job on the big week. They show alot more qual. stuff, usually show most of the other races.

So there, I can be nice to speed, now they need to keep up this much coverage (IMO, we've discussed this to death on the other thread, yada, yada, yada)

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Even I won't ***** about speed all the time.

Don't METH around with the SPEED channel...

Not that I'd know anything about that.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm confused (not the 1st time). I checked the AMA website for the FX starting grid, and I didn't see a single Buell listed. Then I checked superbikeplanet.com, dito.

I know there has to be some Buell guys out there, but I don't see them in the list. Where did you see them at?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I was watching qualifying last night and one was in there when they listed the final qualifying right after Miguel closed the session. Might have been a typo on their part. I'll do some further checking.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I commented on this problem a few days ago. Our VCR and cable box are in a cabinet. I tape the doors shut and leave a note on it. That works with older kids. Plus, I guess it's age, but I always forget that the SpeedTV schedule is listed for eastern time. You can print it out with whatever time zone you're in, which is what I have to do because I can no longer subtract. I hate finding I've recorded NASCAR highlights three hours after the race was over.

·
Registered
273 Posts
SCREW TIME-WARNER CABLE!!!

I can't tell you how much I hate my cable company. They charge $50 a month for basic cable (!), and don't even carry SPEED. I would love to have DirecTV, but they can't use the installed cable jacks in my apartment. I would have to have wires everywhere on the floor and unplug the satellite if I wanted to shut the balcony door.

If there are any San Diego lawyers reading this, how about a class action lawsuit against Time-Warner Cable for putting thousands of people under tremendous mental distress?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
As I watched the FX race on Saturday, the announcers stated that the Yamaha that had qualified 5th was incorrectly listed as a Buell. Then, right after they made that statement, they put up the same erroneous message. I didn't think I had been drinking that heavily. So, the mystery has been cleared up. Their mistake, not mine. I feel so much better. The race, however, sucked.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I heard the same thing on speed channel, and I checked on another website (can't find it now) and they showed buell with Shawn Higbee 5th on the grid. I tuned in to see if the Buell would have a chance, and what a bore. It was a race until the first pit stop and then it was dull.

I'd really hoped to see a Buell at least make a bit of a showing. Still, how did they get this so screwed up. I didn't even see a buell in the qualifying rounds on the AMA website. I don't even know if Higbee is riding for Buell.

Eric get yourself a pilot, some HD$$ (i hear they have a few) and put in an effort. People are starting to notice the product, and exposure like this will do nothing to hurt sales. Just making a top 10 starting grid position would be a start.

As for a powerplant keep it simple, redesign the lump with a 4 valve ohc, stronger, faster, lighter,and keep it air cooled (hey you're a genius aren't you?) Good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.