Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obyiously the best platform possible was used for his southwestern sojurn.

Harleys are built like locomotives and haul like them too.

I can only imagine how the owners of other marques must seethe with jealousy when they see a finely crafted Harley devouring the miles.

Oh, by the way, the TC-88 engines are 200,000 mile engines if you use synthetic oil .

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Beats Chicago huh!

Ronald Reagan once said about the Westerners vs the Midwesterners and Easterners "The lazy stayed home". Refering to the pioneer and adventure spirits of my ancestors who came west . Glad to see you get more than few blocks from the south side longride. Your pictures made me homesick. I love the SW Colorado. But the Pacific NW is just as grand in a different way. By the great story and nice photos...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh I wish you would have told me you were headed for the Escalante Staircase, Bryce, Zions' etc.. I have a cabin just a few miles out of Escalante you could have stayed in. I could have shown you some rides that can lead out from this area that would have given you goosebumps; and I'm not talking about a scary proposition here. This is remarkable country and I've discovered some paved roads here that beg for a photographic journal. Next time you set out like this, give your MOFO's some heads up. I bet there are plenty of people who could make your trip even more memorable.

bheckel169

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Good thing you didn't mention the carne asada meal we had or Sean would still be here!

The new sound system on the '06 Geezer Glide is the shiznit. I pirated longride's ride from him long enough to fiddle with all the different stations available. I use my Mp3 player on mine but for a two week ride XM is even better.

·
Registered
480 Posts
WOW!So you like my part of the world ,eh?That,s why I live out here.Next time you are planning a trip to vegas,give me a warning ,and me and the woman warrior will have you and your lovely wife over for dinner,swim, and tell you where NOT TO GAMBLE!![we don,t].And where to go for good cheap eats,entertainment,and drink.Been up to kayenta ,and simply refused to pay the money to see that goofy monument.What we did was pose in front of all four signs!And believe me you have only seen a small part of the west.Well hell,me and the woman warrior [wife] love people,so if any of you mofo,s and mofoettes come to town,crankup the mofo line here and we will be happy to be good will ambassadors and invite ya over!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice writeup and photos. Only one error to report, concerning the statement "Take rock, the Colorado River, and give it a few million years, and you get one of Nature's most awesome sights."

As the book "Grand Canyon: A Different View" by Tom Vail outlines, the Grand Canyon was created by the massive flood that is described in Genesis. That's the book in the Bible, not the band first fronted by Peter Gabriel and then run into the ground by Phil Collins. Sorry, I digress. Really, the Canyon was created quickly in a great onslaught of water, since the world is no older than a few thousand years.

http://www.canyonministries.com/index_files/Bookinfo.htm

·
Registered
50 Posts
It was news to me, but then I saw this book that detailed the Biblical account of things at the gift store at the Grand Canyon. So, the Park Service must have come to this conclusion too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
At least not until recently...

Between faith-based education, faith-based charities and what seems to be faith-based (if not hare-brained) finances, we need G-d more than ever to get us outta this mess.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.