Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm constructing a boat-anchor for my new yacht, and was thinking how cool a B44 would be dangling at the end of the anchor chain, instead of the standard 400 lb. three-pronger.

And after being immersed in salt water, it might do the electrics some good as well.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'm constructing a boat-anchor for my new yacht, and was thinking how cool a B44 would be dangling at the end of the anchor chain, instead of the standard 400 lb. three-pronger.

And after being immersed in salt water, it might do the electrics some good as well.
Are you pulling Barbara's chain, or something?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
God'll get you for that, Matt!! Why, I oughta get on one of my bikes that runs---the Yamaha or BMW---and ride down there and show you pictures of the BSA's when they were running.....see, sometimes in the daylight when it's not raining, they work just fine, other times.....eh!

Boat anchor, indeed! That's why there are Puch and Zundapp! :D

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHHAH, remember Barb, I owned one. A '67 Square Barrel. We called it "The Excercycle" because for every mile you rode it, you pushed it for two. Really built up the calf muscles though ...

Looked neat though...nice yellow and polished aluminum gas tank, neat stainless steel fenders, baloney shaped silencer...tiny light oil tank. They really tried to make a copy of Jeff Smith's bike (that cost BSA a reported seventy thousand pounds sterling).

It was fast too, whan it ran.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
OK, Matt, you are forgiven. The obvious affection you have for your old BSA comes through......sort of like me and my '67 VE (serial number 159). That one stays....

BSA's. Ya gotta love 'em. (Don'cha?) :D

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went by the guys spa here in Burbank that bought my 441, he's got it all cleaned up, sitting in the lobby of his health spa on Magnolia. I asked him if he rides it, and he just laughed real funny like "you gotta be kidding?"

I'm sure when one was fresh out of the factory it most likely could go more than a few blocks before something broke, or fell off, but when those threads started getting worn...watch out. Like riding the Jed Clampett truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.