Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I seriously doubt that the world is a darker place because Chapman is no longer with us, or because Patton will be locked up for the next several years. I could be wrong -- perhaps Chapman was days away from discovering a cure for cancer, and Patten was on his way to a construction site where he was joining Jimmy Carter in building homes for the homeless, but somehow, I doubt it.

Gotta say that 2-8 years shooting a man in a fight that the perp started seems pretty light.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Just a question, why doesn't the AMA ...

[*]Assuming the guy didn't die and I am not a lawyer, why wasn't the charge attemped (aggravated) murder.? [*] If he did die, why doesn't the AMA go hire some attorneys to file a wrongful death suit? [*] I wonder if Patton would of received the same light plea agreement if he had killed a kid in car reving his engine.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yea, I'm from Fort Wayne. This sounds more like something that would happen in Texas, where I'm living now. Two to Eight years for shooting someone point blank in the chest after you already "bumped" them with your 4000lb car is an embarrassment also, I don't care how rude and abnoxious the biker was!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Let me get this straight...A guy on a LOUD bike revs it at a stoplight. When asked to 'keep it quite' (which was probably impossible even at idle) he tells the guy off. Has the rider broken any laws so far? Not unless there is some local noise ordinance. Enraged car driver then FOLLOWS the rider and HITS his PARKED bike. A now understandably angry biker confronts the man. What he does next IS wrong: he grabs the driver by his shirt and threatens him. But how many of you could honestly remain calm in his shoes? I don't know if I could. The rider is then SHOT!!!

Who broke the law first? This isn't about loud pipes or rider manners. It's about a CRIMINAL who lost control, killed someone (see article title), and is getting off with 2-8 for 'criminal recklessness'. How about 'Manslaughter 2' at the very least. He'll probably be out in less than 2 for 'good behavior'. I don't like loud pipes either, and even if I did, my manners are better than this rider. That said, most of your posts thus far have been appalling. Think about it......

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with everything except that if you read carefully the biker didn't die. The title of the article is misapplied to sound "funny".

Still the shooter should get harsher punishment. We are breeding idiots that think it's ok to carry a gun and use it when they get angry.

Burn the f*cker to the stake!

(and smack the biker for being a jerk)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ft. Wayne, IN

Why is it that Hoosiers only seem to come in two types:

1- those who were born there then fled at the first chance (me)

2- those who were born there and think it's be best/only place in the world to live? (my brother, who happens to live in Ft. Wayne)

Yee-Haw! ******* heaven!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Re: Ft. Wayne, IN

I'm a third type: Those who fled, me to Texas, realized what real ******** are, and how much the cost of living is everywhere else, that you think you'd want to live, sucks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: Just a question, why doesn't the AMA ...

Were is the ama on this. If the ama does not act on this then we should all consider no longer joining the ama. This is not about load pipes.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.